New Admins, Mods and SpamHunters

News and announcements regarding Debian and the forum. Not for support questions.

Re: New Admins, Mods and SpamHunters

Postby sickpig » 2019-07-24 11:25

Chirs's display pic rocks! Congratulations, but I miss the bird.
User avatar
sickpig
 
Posts: 319
Joined: 2019-01-23 10:34

Re: New Admins, Mods and SpamHunters

Postby golinux » 2019-07-24 14:32

sickpig wrote:Chirs's display pic rocks! Congratulations, but I miss the bird.
Looks like Garry has left the forum. This in his profile:
User is inactive
Reason: Profile details changed
May the FORK be with you!
User avatar
golinux
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: 2010-12-09 00:56
Location: not a 'buntard!

Re: New Admins, Mods and SpamHunters

Postby golinux » 2019-07-24 14:40

golinux wrote:
sickpig wrote:Chirs's display pic rocks! Congratulations, but I miss the bird.
Looks like Garry has left the forum. This in his profile:
User is inactive
Reason: Profile details changed
Actually his last post was on the 20th several days ago. So something must have happened around then for him to go away.
May the FORK be with you!
User avatar
golinux
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: 2010-12-09 00:56
Location: not a 'buntard!

Re: New Admins, Mods and SpamHunters

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2019-07-24 16:58

golinux wrote:something must have happened around then for him to go away.

He did post a thread in which he explained his reasons but it has been deleted since — a few of our newer members criticised him repeatedly for posting links to lmsptfy and man pages and he took it to heart and decided to leave :cry:
Don't break DebianHow to report bugs

SharpBang GNU/Linux — a pre-configured Openbox/Tint2 desktop running on Debian stable
User avatar
Head_on_a_Stick
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: 2014-06-01 17:46
Location: /dev/chair

Re: New Admins, Mods and SpamHunters

Postby Bulkley » 2019-07-24 17:06

I'm going to miss Garry. He put his heart into his forum activity.
Bulkley
 
Posts: 5846
Joined: 2006-02-11 18:35

Re: New Admins, Mods and SpamHunters

Postby HuangLao » 2019-07-24 20:23

Things change for people. However, if you keep having/allowing SJW snowflakes run the show and make demands then this is the natural result. Qualified people leave and your left with twits holding their knickers up. Debian is but a pale shadow of its former self, and that affliction is spreading to a distro near you. :roll:
User avatar
HuangLao
 
Posts: 483
Joined: 2015-01-27 01:31

Re: New Admins, Mods and SpamHunters

Postby golinux » 2019-07-24 21:09

HuangLao wrote:Things change for people. However, if you keep having/allowing SJW snowflakes run the show and make demands then this is the natural result. Qualified people leave and your left with twits holding their knickers up. Debian is but a pale shadow of its former self, and that affliction is spreading to a distro near you. :roll:
Repeated for truth.
May the FORK be with you!
User avatar
golinux
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: 2010-12-09 00:56
Location: not a 'buntard!

Re: New Admins, Mods and SpamHunters

Postby sickpig » 2019-07-24 21:52

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
golinux wrote:something must have happened around then for him to go away.

He did post a thread in which he explained his reasons but it has been deleted since — a few of our newer members criticised him repeatedly for posting links to lmsptfy and man pages and he took it to heart and decided to leave :cry:


i criticised him once and am feeling awful about it. he even mentioned a temp ban on me. Garry I will self ban myself if it brings you back.
User avatar
sickpig
 
Posts: 319
Joined: 2019-01-23 10:34

Re: New Admins, Mods and SpamHunters

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2019-07-25 15:30

HuangLao wrote:Debian is but a pale shadow of its former self, and that affliction is spreading to a distro near you.

Yeah and nostalgia isn't what it used to be, eh? :mrgreen:
Don't break DebianHow to report bugs

SharpBang GNU/Linux — a pre-configured Openbox/Tint2 desktop running on Debian stable
User avatar
Head_on_a_Stick
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: 2014-06-01 17:46
Location: /dev/chair

Re: New Admins, Mods and SpamHunters

Postby vbrummond » 2019-07-26 00:01

Hopefully he comes back. :)
Always on Debian Testing
vbrummond
 
Posts: 4468
Joined: 2010-03-02 01:42

Previous

Return to News & Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

fashionable