Welcome Back! (again)

News and announcements regarding Debian and the forum. Not for support questions.

Re: Welcome Back! (again)

Postby BioTube » 2009-04-29 13:55

And you can now choose subsilver2. From the userCP.
Ludwig von Mises wrote:The elite should be supreme by virtue of persuasion, not by the assistance of firing squads.
BioTube

Postby bugsbunny » 2009-04-30 20:13

jjmac wrote:What would be useful though -=- would be an 'icon' or some image/thing that indicated that there have been new posts made to the thread ... :) :wink:
jm

Already exists. Check the color of the icon to the left of the thread/forum. I get it red when there's something new.
bugsbunny

Postby jjmac » 2009-05-01 02:05

Howdy bugs,

bugsbunny wrote:
>>
>>>>
jjmac wrote:What would be useful though -=- would be an 'icon' or some image/thing that indicated that there have been new posts made to the thread ... :) :wink:
jm
>>>>

Already exists. Check the color of the icon to the left of the thread/forum. I get it red when there's something new.
>>

I run every thing through 'privoxy' which filters images/banners and other things (sites). I also use 'opera' in user mode. Mainly to deal with font size issues by using a customised css file. And i turn java script off as well (grin).

But with the proxy turned off, java script turned on, and in author mode i don't get any indications that there are new posts in a thread --- on the 'index' page. Or in a history list of threads i've posted to. I do get the red icon in the actual thread though, next to the heading part of new posts. But ... i have to actually go to the thread to see that. And when i have, i can tell which is a new post and which isn't. As the new posts will be 'post' my own :).

An actual indicater on the index page next to the thread heading, to show there have been posts after the one i made, would save me a lot of time navigating around the site. The same holds true for a history list on posts.

This is also one of the sites i have configured 'privoxy' to accept all cookies from as well.

:)

jm
http://counter.li.org

-=- The FVWM wm -=- http://www.fvwm.org -=-

Somebody stole my air guitar, It happened just the other day,
But it's ok, 'cause i've got a spare ...
jjmac

Postby gnudude » 2009-05-01 02:17

jjmac wrote:An actual indicater on the index page next to the thread heading, to show there have been posts after the one i made, would save me a lot of time navigating around the site.

bugsbunny wrote:Already exists. Check the color of the icon to the left of the thread/forum. I get it red when there's something new.
gnudude

Postby gnudude » 2009-05-01 02:18

jjmac wrote:Mainly to deal with font size issues...

uh you do know that browsers have the ability to increase the size of the fonts....right....
gnudude

Postby jjmac » 2009-05-01 02:23

gnudude wrote:
jjmac wrote:Mainly to deal with font size issues...

uh you do know that browsers have the ability to increase the size of the fonts....right....

Yeah (grin), i have greater control over it using style settings though than what's provided using just a simple 'zoom' effect. Which can still leave some instances in question.

jm
http://counter.li.org

-=- The FVWM wm -=- http://www.fvwm.org -=-

Somebody stole my air guitar, It happened just the other day,
But it's ok, 'cause i've got a spare ...
jjmac

Postby robby_dobby » 2009-05-01 07:07

Great to see this up! Though I haven't been quite active, I like to lurk around. There have been some great discussions on these forums, that I missed when it went down.

Anyway, thanks guys for bringing this up back and so soon!! :D :mrgreen:
robby_dobby

Postby bensode » 2009-05-01 23:30

Hurray! From the tone of what I had been reading elsewhere it looked like the forums weren't coming back. Thanks guys!
bensode

Postby hcgtv » 2009-05-02 01:19

Good to see the forum back, thanks for not giving up on it.

The only thing I can't get used to is that the user information is on the right and the message is on the left. I did try the subsilver2 theme but it's not as elegant as prosilver, wonder if there's a prosilver based theme with the user info on the left?
Bert Garcia - When all you have is a keyboard
hcgtv

Postby maclover2 » 2009-06-26 05:47

Yeah, I guess that there is a need of retrieving old members also.
maclover2

Previous

Return to News & Announcements