Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Email Alert once someone's post is responded to

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
4joeyirosh1

[SOLVED] Email Alert once someone's post is responded to

#1 Post by 4joeyirosh1 »

When I create a new post,I would like for a message to be sent to my email address once any member responds to my post.This way I can in near real time get the responses instead of having to refresh my posts periodically to check the latest responses to my posts.I have tried to search for a setting that enables such email alerts (maybe its already inbuilt in your forum and its just that I havent found the setting) so if such a setting exists please inform me on how to set it up or if its not available,kindly assess whether it can be setup.
Last edited by 4joeyirosh1 on 2021-04-18 08:49, edited 1 time in total.

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: Email Alert once someone's post is responded to

#2 Post by steve_v »

4joeyirosh1 wrote:When I create a new post,I would like for a message to be sent to my email address once any member responds to my post.
"Notify me upon replies by default" can be found in your user control panel under "Board preferences" -> "Edit posting defaults". Topics can also be manually subscribed with the link at the bottom of the page.
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.

4joeyirosh1

#3 Post by 4joeyirosh1 »

steve_v wrote:
4joeyirosh1 wrote:When I create a new post,I would like for a message to be sent to my email address once any member responds to my post.
"Notify me upon replies by default" can be found in your user control panel under "Board preferences" -> "Edit posting defaults". Topics can also be manually subscribed with the link at the bottom of the page.
I selected Yes on Notify me upon replies by default but no emails are being sent to subsequent replies to my posts thus far

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

#4 Post by 4D696B65 »

That feature may be broken, not sure. Selecting "subscribe topic" at the bottom right of the page still works.

4joeyirosh1

#5 Post by 4joeyirosh1 »

4joeyirosh1 wrote:
steve_v wrote:
I selected Yes on Notify me upon replies by default but no emails are being sent to subsequent replies to my posts thus far
The Yes on Notify me upon replies by default is now working.Thanks.