Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Question about dhcpd syslog writing deleted

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
nsignific

Question about dhcpd syslog writing deleted

#1 Post by nsignific »

Why was my question about stopping dhcpd from writing to syslog deleted? Was it posted in the wrong forum (Beginner)? If so, why no notification?

I had not recieved an answer to my question. I assumed the answer to this was trivial, but can't find aynthing on google.

Mez
Debian Developer, Forum Ninja

Re: Question about dhcpd syslog writing deleted

#2 Post by Mez »

I can't see anything in the moderator log.

Can you remember the topic title?

Mez

#3 Post by Mez »

Found and restored. Dunno what happened, but I'll look into it.

saulgoode

#4 Post by saulgoode »

nsignific wrote:Why was my question about stopping dhcpd from writing to syslog deleted? Was it posted in the wrong forum (Beginner)? If so, why no notification?
Because it was your first post and your signature contains a link to a site that has nothing to do with either Debian or Free Software (and which contains ad banners across the top), someone on the forum Staff understandably assumed that you were spamming the forum. Personally I would recommend removing the link from your signature to avoid similar action occurring in the future.
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it. -- Brian Kernighan