Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

please add me to your list

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
rupeshforu3

please add me to your list

#1 Post by rupeshforu3 »

Sir due to some reasons I have been removed from your forum. Kindly add me to your list.

Regards,
Rypesh.

roseway

Re: please add me to your list

#2 Post by roseway »

:roll:
Eric

Randicus

#3 Post by Randicus »

If you have been removed, how did you make this post?
And why are your previous posts still here?
Or did you simply have to log in, because your browser was re-calibrated?

deltaflyer

#4 Post by deltaflyer »

if you would care to look, your posts are still there and nothing is removed,i.e. http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=102427
free your computer,use opensource

rupeshforu3

#5 Post by rupeshforu3 »

While editing my profile I got the following message

Edit account settings

Your IP 112.79.41.128 or your username rupeshforu3 or your e-mail address rupeshforu3@gmail.com has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.stopforumspam.com/api?ip=112 ... @gmail.com.
An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons:
1. You are a well-known spammer.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.

All the people on your forum and in fact the whole Linux community are treating me as spammer. I am not a spammer I am a novice user to Linux and lot of experience in just installing various Linux distros. I want to install maximum number of packages available in local repositories(desktops,editors,multimedia etc.,) easily.

Kindly help me and dont treat me as spammer.

Regards,
Rupesh.

craigevil

#6 Post by craigevil »

1) If you were blocked you wouldn't be able to post. What part of that in the post above mine don't you understand?
2) There is absolutely no reason or sense in trying to install "all" packages or some magic "maximum" number of packages.
3) After numerous posts asking the same questions about #2, I personally have doubts about whether or not you are a spammer or have a mental condition.

You install any package in the repos the exact same way:
aptitude install packagename
or
apt-get install packagename
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.69-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list

confuseling

#7 Post by confuseling »

Asking the same question over and over again, and ignoring the answers you get, is spamming of a form.

That said, I suspect here you've been unlucky.

In the interests of getting this weird little fetish exorcised, have you tried Slackware? I don't think it has dependency resolution, which surely means you'll be able to install every package at the same time. It will be deliciously broken, I'm sure, but each to their own...
The Forum's search box is terrible. Use site specific search, e.g.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... terms+here

Mez
Debian Developer, Forum Ninja
Debian Developer, Forum Ninja

#8 Post by Mez »

Hi there,

Just had a little look into why you're being flagged as a spammer.

You're currently using a Dynamic IP handed out from Vodafone India.

This IP has previously been caught being used by an automatic spam-bot (it got caught in what is known as a honeypot).

This will only affect registration or changing your profile while you are still on that IP address.