Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Email address apparently tied to an old account.

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
jzdudek

Email address apparently tied to an old account.

#1 Post by jzdudek »

Hi, I just registered to Debian User Forums, but I had to use a temporary email address. My actual email address is apparently tied to an old account which I forgot about. Could one of the administrators inactivate the old account so that I can update my email address? I can reply to any email you send me to that address, thereby proving it's mine.

inktitan

Re: Email address apparently tied to an old account.

#2 Post by inktitan »

Did you try clicking "forgot password"?
Or do you need the old account gone?

jzdudek

#3 Post by jzdudek »

Hi inktitan, I don't remember anything about the old account, including the user name. I figured the easiest thing to do would be to delete the old account once I prove that the email address tied to it, jzdudek@gmail.com, is mine. I emailed the forum administrators at forumadmin@forums.debian.net but haven't heard back in about a month, that's why I decided to make a new account and post.

deltaflyer

#4 Post by deltaflyer »

you would be better pm'ing an administrator with all the details and we will see what we can do
free your computer,use opensource