Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

New stickies? and Beginner Questions?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Randicus

New stickies? and Beginner Questions?

#1 Post by Randicus »

Perhaps the time has come to put a sticky post in Installation, General Questions, System Configuration and Hardware containing information such as: Wireless requires the installation of firmware; This is not Kali; etc. That way, when such questions are posted the people asking them can be directed to the "FAQ" sticky, since they obviously would not have read it before posting. Or a better idea might be to have separate stickies in those sub-fora, to increase their visibility. (For those who bother to look through the board before posting.)

And since Mez's yearly visit draws nigh, I am putting forth the suggestion to remove the beginner questions sub-forum and move its threads into general questions. (I know. It will not happen, but we can hope for a miracle.)

(Damn, I'm such a trouble maker.)

julian516

Re: New stickies? and Beginner Questions?

#2 Post by julian516 »

Sounds like a good idea to me. Thanks Randicus.