Can you delete your own posts or topic?

Have something to say about forums.debian.net itself?

Can you delete your own posts or topic?

Postby G-Known » 2014-03-08 17:46

I'm going to post a new question that may be the duplicate from an older thread that I created, can I delete the latter?
Debian Jessie
Asus Zenbook UX305FA-ASM1
Intel Core M 5Y10; Intel HD Graphics 5300
User avatar
G-Known
 
Posts: 178
Joined: 2012-10-26 04:59
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Can you delete your own posts or topic?

Postby dasein » 2014-03-08 17:49

You can delete a thread-starting post (and thus the thread) only if there are no replies posted.

But that begs the question of why you'd want to start a redundant thread in the first place.
User avatar
dasein
 
Posts: 7775
Joined: 2011-03-04 01:06
Location: Terra Incantationum

Re: Can you delete your own posts or topic?

Postby G-Known » 2014-03-09 03:42

dasein wrote:But that begs the question of why you'd want to start a redundant thread in the first place.


It's just information I previously realize wasn't included in the former thread; I could just edit the topic instead of deleting it. It's also a feature I want to know if it's included in this forum and I'm the kind of person who wants to organize posts.
Debian Jessie
Asus Zenbook UX305FA-ASM1
Intel Core M 5Y10; Intel HD Graphics 5300
User avatar
G-Known
 
Posts: 178
Joined: 2012-10-26 04:59
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Can you delete your own posts or topic?

Postby llivv » 2014-03-09 04:57

G-Known wrote:I'm going to post a new question that may be the duplicate from an older thread that I created, can I delete the latter?

As dasein posted above,
you can delete the later if there are no replies to it.
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.
User avatar
llivv
 
Posts: 5484
Joined: 2007-02-14 18:10
Location: cold storage

Re: Can you delete your own posts or topic?

Postby alderaan » 2014-03-11 05:55

G-Known wrote:It's just information I previously realize wasn't included in the former thread; I could just edit the topic instead of deleting it. It's also a feature I want to know if it's included in this forum and I'm the kind of person who wants to organize posts.


You can answer your own thread and add that information and whatever else you want to ask. This way you will also have a polite bumping of your thread.
alderaan
 
Posts: 90
Joined: 2013-07-25 20:20

Re: Can you delete your own posts or topic?

Postby Randicus » 2014-03-11 05:57

alderaan wrote:This way you will also have a polite bumping of your thread.

:?
Randicus
 
Posts: 2664
Joined: 2011-05-08 09:11


Return to Forum stuff & feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

fashionable