Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

jbox dot ca and debian 8

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
pabs3

Re: jbox dot ca and debian 8

#16 Post by pabs3 »

Alexandre Delanoë from Debian is one of the people responsible for maintaining the CD vendors list, he contacted Stormfront Ventures, CCing me on the email as I replied to the thread on debian-www. We got a reply from the vendor stating that he sent the shipment and he attached scans of the shipping details as well as the receipt from Canada Post. I'm no expert on Canadian postal receipts but it looked legit to me. He also mentioned that other folks have questioned the mailing time over the years. I've suggested that he send the info/receipts to the OP and make the downsides of choosing a slower (up to 4 weeks), untrackable but cheaper delivery method more obvious during the order process. I would guess that the OP will receive the shipment within the week.
bye, pabs

Thorolf

#17 Post by Thorolf »

Obviously it is now known http://www.jbox.ca is not a fictitious website. It is a sad fact the maintainers of Debian o/s and debian.org had to be involved with what a simple little communication from the seller would have averted. Now there are option for fast delivery then defaulting to a standard shipping method. If the seller would have provided proof not just assuring me the item shipped. Would have avoided this dispute. But still one month to ship to any place on the globe is so third world.

Fifteen years ago I started uses Linux. I even had a user name on this forum. Back then you had to be a "Linux Professional". To be a end user was as you all remember a newbie. Treated as such and had to use Ubuntu. Linux o/s especially Debian is moving from the third world and running with the dogs as it would be. The system has evolved into an easy to load and use operating system for end users. Security is excellent and the community is committed to updated software.

Free open source operating system community forum. A place you can get support and ganged up on by the forums crow. Going to off topic now come join the murder. come fly in black.

Thorolf

#18 Post by Thorolf »

Disk arrived today. Stormfront Ventures ( http://www.jbox.ca ) puts out a nice product. Plastic case with Debian Sleeve art work. The disk was not just light scribed. Had Branded Debian label Disk. Very nice manufacturing. They also offer the single install disk not the live or 34 disk set. At least I thinks its just install have not loaded it yet.

Sale rep not to enthused on customer relations, and watch out for shipping option or he will have one of those Canadian Mounties walk it over to you. Then blame you for choosing the slows shipping rate.