Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

High Standard of Help on this Forum

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
bookie

High Standard of Help on this Forum

#1 Post by bookie »

Hi folks!
I think it is nice to say thank you once in a while in a thread about just that being grateful for all the help that a forum such as this gives... :D

I am not as good as I used to be on other forums at giving help as I would like....

Running a business comes first for me and then hobbies like fjäll vandring...(mounting walking), working with Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop etc...

There is never enough hours in a day to do everything... :(

I wasn't active on the forum for a long time....probably a lot that were grateful for that...lol :shock:

I will try to give a full account of how I solved my problems...if I don't then chase me for specifics...Please! Hopefully it will help someone else in the same boat...

I wish I had time to do more...

I will be around a little more often because of using Jessie and other Debian based distros on my computers..

A Sincere thank you to all that try to help others on this forum!

I, for one, am very grateful!!!

bookie56

dasein

Re: High Standard of Help on this Forum

#2 Post by dasein »

Ya know, bookie's right. For all FDN's faults (both real and imaginary), the solutions-to-posting ratio here is a testament to this community.

It's particularly gratifying to see a handful of technically savvy relative newcomers giving generously of their time and expertise.