Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Is the Offtopic subforum where offtopic threads get locked?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
GarryRicketson

Re: Is the Offtopic subforum where offtopic threads get lock

#31 Post by GarryRicketson »

+1
by thanatos_incarnate » And I don't think moderating will help unless people moderate themselves. Maybe a pop up once a month would help to remind us of forum rules.
Really, if everybody did that, it would be really nice,but reality is there always will be a occasional "abuser",..
and also, any user/member can make a comment, and perhaps "point" the offensive person too : Forum guidelines. Please read before first post! or the one specific to the "off topic",
What's on topic in Offtopic?
As well as "moderating" our selves, often a report or a PM, to a moderator, or admin,is helpful too, and avoids, "feeding the troll", which is what happens when a post/reply is made, saying , (for example): "You are a idiot troll , go some where else",..well, that is going to get some kind of "smart alec" response, either from the "troll" or one of it's friends,.. ...any way, enough on this, I think we all should just "carry"
on, as normal, the thread/topic that got closed, well , it did not get removed, ..if and when there are new announcements, or updates, about Devaun, or what ever I do not think that would be a problem, we all know there are still at least a couple of "off topics" where systemd is being "argued", I hope common sense would tell a user , weather or not starting a new topic, is warranted,..if , especially "new members" really are not sure, the best thing, I think is ask, If there all ready is a existing topic, they can be pointed to it, if not, then a new one, would be appropriate. I guess that is all I have to say, on this. Take care, every body. and thanks, for the "opinions", ..