Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Please learn to thumbnail images

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
dcihon

Re: Please learn to thumbnail images

#31 Post by dcihon »

Sorry to jump in here and I haven't read every post in this thread but I have a question.
What would be the best image tool to use out there for accomplishing this?
I have seen some of these image sites that when you go click on the image you get pictures of girls that are kind of leaning to nudity.

GarryRicketson

#32 Post by GarryRicketson »

Yea, I know, a lot or most of them are bad that way, with the advertising.
"imgur" is the most popular one on this forum. I use my own servers to store my images.
As for "tools", my favourite and what I use is ImageMagick, the 'convert' command for resizing. Others prefer Gimp, or any of the many other graphics tools available for Debian.

Bulkley

#33 Post by Bulkley »

dcihon wrote:What would be the best image tool to use out there for accomplishing this?
Yes, some of the image hosting sites are questionable at best. My radar goes up whenever I see anything offered as "free." Having said that, another poster here put me on to Postimage. When a user uploads to Postimage nine choices are presented including Thumbnail for forums.