Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Who would want a 'Debian Users' Blog'?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.

Debian users' blog - yes or no?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 10

IzayoiFlandre

Who would want a 'Debian Users' Blog'?

#1 Post by IzayoiFlandre »

Maybe the community could, as well as have a forum, we could include a blog where people can post anything related to the Debian project. This blog would be found on the homepage, and forum/blog accounts would be interlinked. Of course, approval would need to be on for posting blog entries so that no spammers get through but yeah, it'd be a nice addition to have a homepage powered and written by the community in my opinion :D

Anyone else think this is a good idea? Since we'd be volunteering it wouldn't exactly be too difficult to maintain and would give some use to 'debian.net' other than a redirect.

:)
IzayoiFlandre

Acer Aspire ES1-531-C0XK (Intel Celeron N3050 1.6Ghz, 4 GB RAM DDR3 L, Intel HD Graphics 6000) - Debian 9 Stretch (LXDE)
Compaq Mini CQ10-101SA (Intel Atom N270 1.6Ghz, 1 GB RAM DDR2 SD, Intel GMA 945) - Windows XP

cronoik

Re: Who would want a 'Debian Users' Blog'?

#2 Post by cronoik »

Well what would be the difference to planet.debian.org? I also think that most of the technical blog post should be written in a wiki and not in a blog. In the wiki it is at least editable and therefore more benefical for the community.
Last edited by cronoik on 2017-11-20 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Have a nice day!

GarryRicketson

#3 Post by GarryRicketson »

Any body can start a blog of any type if they want to. You want a blog, then start one. I don't see the need or point in it myself, there all ready are plenty of forums and blogs, do a search ,... and as all ready mentioned there is the
Planet Debian

Your time would better spent if maybe register and join the wiki, and do some thing useful, like bringing some of it up to date. Most of it is still geared toward Debian Jessie (old stable) and older, very little is up to date for the current Debian 9 stable.

IzayoiFlandre

#4 Post by IzayoiFlandre »

I didn't realise that existed, though i suppose you two are right :)
Sorry to be baka, please close this :)
IzayoiFlandre

Acer Aspire ES1-531-C0XK (Intel Celeron N3050 1.6Ghz, 4 GB RAM DDR3 L, Intel HD Graphics 6000) - Debian 9 Stretch (LXDE)
Compaq Mini CQ10-101SA (Intel Atom N270 1.6Ghz, 1 GB RAM DDR2 SD, Intel GMA 945) - Windows XP