Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Feature request - open in new tab

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Segfault

Feature request - open in new tab

#1 Post by Segfault »

Currently when a link is clicked it opens in the same tab, it would be more convenient if it opened in a new tab. Closing a tab after reading it is better than hitting back button and reloading the forum page, IMHO.

GarryRicketson

Re: Feature request - open in new tab

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

I do that from my browser, when I click a link I all ways open it in a new tab,..
I use the "right" click, and it gives me options to open it in a new tab, as well as other options.

Segfault

#3 Post by Segfault »

Code: Select all

target="_blank"
With this linked pages open in a new tab. Currently not used on these forums.

Ardouos

#4 Post by Ardouos »

GarryRicketson wrote:I do that from my browser, when I click a link I all ways open it in a new tab,..
I use the "right" click, and it gives me options to open it in a new tab, as well as other options.
If you use a mouse (opposed to a touch pad), clicking the mouse wheel/mouse button 3 generally opens a new tab too. Which I use often. I know with touch pads you need to press both left and right mouse buttons to trigger it.
There is only one Debian | Do not break Debian | Stability and Debian | Backports

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

bw123

#5 Post by bw123 »

Ardouos wrote: I know with touch pads you need to press both left and right mouse buttons to trigger it.
or use touchpad TapToClick to send the middle button when you use two or three fingers. I've been using mine this way for a long time, middle click has always opened in new tab on every browser I recall, as far back as I can remember?
resigned by AI ChatGPT

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

#6 Post by 4D696B65 »

Touchpad buttons right and left at the same time over a link opens it in a new tab.

debiman

#7 Post by debiman »

i use right-click more often than left-click... usage habits.

that said, i'm sure an addon exists that will do that for you.