[DENIED]Request for international language general area

Have something to say about forums.debian.net itself?

[DENIED]Request for international language general area

Postby Capitain_Jack » 2017-12-22 13:37

I would love to see, at least, One general forum for each language Debian covers on here, so people can communicate better with each other...
Last edited by Capitain_Jack on 2017-12-22 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha
User avatar
Capitain_Jack
 
Posts: 153
Joined: 2017-12-15 12:07
Location: Brazil capital, Brasilia, At the favela.

Re: Request for international language general area

Postby GarryRicketson » 2017-12-22 15:22

Please read :
Forum guidelines. Please read before more posts

Read it very carefully. Not just 9. but all of it.
9.The language on this board is primarily English but we do not exclude people with little or no English. When replying to posts in other languages please include an English translation. It's a good idea to help non-English speakers find resources in their language.
A forum is a means of written communication so make sure your posts are as readable as possible. That means: Use capital letters and punctuation, and use the formatting features of the forum wisely in order to make your post attractive. Try to avoid 'l33t speak', 'chatspeak,' and 'SMS language'.
There is no need to apologize for poor English skills. We have users from all over the world and trying your best is more than adequate.

This is how we handle the various languages.
Thank you
User avatar
GarryRicketson
 
Posts: 4802
Joined: 2015-01-20 22:16
Location: Durango, Mexico

Re: [DENIED]Request for international language general area

Postby Capitain_Jack » 2017-12-22 16:41

Capitain_Jack wrote:..One general forum for each language..so people can communicate better with each other...

My intention was unite users with same language at off-topic discussions and interactions, not for help propose. But I respect whatsoever you guys dictate.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha
User avatar
Capitain_Jack
 
Posts: 153
Joined: 2017-12-15 12:07
Location: Brazil capital, Brasilia, At the favela.

Re: [DENIED]Request for international language general area

Postby acewiza » 2017-12-22 18:37

For better or worse, like it or not, English is the defacto universal language: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviation_English

So it's the fitting language for the universal operating system. :wink:
Nobody would ever ask questions If everyone possessed encyclopedic knowledge of the man pages.
User avatar
acewiza
 
Posts: 358
Joined: 2013-05-28 12:38
Location: Out West

Re: [DENIED]Request for international language general area

Postby Capitain_Jack » 2017-12-22 18:46

acewiza wrote:...English is the defacto universal language...

This one I disagree:
"Why Is Math the Only True Universal Language?"
http://www.mathworksheetscenter.com/mathtips/mathlanguage.html
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha
User avatar
Capitain_Jack
 
Posts: 153
Joined: 2017-12-15 12:07
Location: Brazil capital, Brasilia, At the favela.

Re: [DENIED]Request for international language general area

Postby acewiza » 2017-12-22 21:55

Capitain_Jack wrote:
acewiza wrote:...English is the defacto universal language...

This one I disagree:
"Why Is Math the Only True Universal Language?"
http://www.mathworksheetscenter.com/mathtips/mathlanguage.html

Absolutely! Lots of math being spoken 'round here, anyway. It's usually done in terms of only 1's and 0's, but hey - that's a start... :)
Nobody would ever ask questions If everyone possessed encyclopedic knowledge of the man pages.
User avatar
acewiza
 
Posts: 358
Joined: 2013-05-28 12:38
Location: Out West

Re: [DENIED]Request for international language general area

Postby Capitain_Jack » 2017-12-23 13:32

acewiza wrote:It's usually done in terms of only 1's and 0's, but hey - that's a start... :)

Yes! that's the spirit! unite all common bytes :D It's not good to have all your music files at the same directory as the video files, they fit well together, but do not communicate each other nicely, you see, music files tend to be blind followers, and video files care only about the image :lol:
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha
User avatar
Capitain_Jack
 
Posts: 153
Joined: 2017-12-15 12:07
Location: Brazil capital, Brasilia, At the favela.

Re: [DENIED]Request for international language general area

Postby debiman » 2017-12-24 08:18

acewiza wrote:For better or worse, like it or not, English is the defacto global language

ftfy.
beyond planet earth i wouldn't make any assumptions about english; but if one believes in hollywood, it would indeed apply universally.

@OP:
various non-english debian forums exist.
i know for a fact there's a german and a french one.
or maybe http://wiki.debianbrasil.org/?
have you checked?
User avatar
debiman
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: 2013-03-12 07:18

Re: [DENIED]Request for international language general area

Postby Capitain_Jack » 2017-12-24 10:56

debiman wrote:or maybe http://wiki.debianbrasil.org/?

Yes, that one is a segregated by state community (http://wiki.debianbrasil.org/GUD), I know off some portuguese speaking linux communities, but none of them is here at the official support forum.
I didn't asked for a troubleshoot forum in my language forum, just one general off topic area so people can join end exchange, into their native language, personal info and stuff.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha
User avatar
Capitain_Jack
 
Posts: 153
Joined: 2017-12-15 12:07
Location: Brazil capital, Brasilia, At the favela.


Return to Forum stuff & feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

fashionable