Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Where did MeanDean go?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Bro.Tiag

#16 Post by Bro.Tiag »

mike102282 wrote:Dean has been in the Klikit Forums the last couple of days.

http://loscompanion.com/forums
How can that be, I thought he was Banned (as were you) ?

Cheers

ComputerBob

#17 Post by ComputerBob »

Whenever anyone leaves, I miss the parts of their posts that were helpful.

I don't miss the parts of their posts that were elitist and/or demeaning to other users.
ComputerBob - Making Geek-Speak Chic (TM)
ComputerBob.com - Nearly 6,000 Posts and 23 Million Views
My Massive Stroke
Help! (off-topic)

AdrianTM

#18 Post by AdrianTM »

ComputerBob wrote:Whenever anyone leaves, I miss the parts of their posts that were helpful.

I don't miss the parts of their posts that were elitist and/or demeaning to other users.
For what is worth seeing people so high on their horses is funny. Especially that they don't realize how silly they look.
Ubuntu hate is a mental derangement.

didi

#19 Post by didi »

I miss them both (too).
I liked how deeply upset rickh could make ppl with his way of conversation and he didn't (seem to) care. He made me laugh numerous times.
But I'm sure he did it to point ppl to logical errors/dumb things on their side to help them, albeit not very subtle. It worked for me.
And to uphold his forum image as insensitive jerk of course.

I learned a lot from both of them.

apex.predator

#20 Post by apex.predator »

MeanDean was one of the first posters I found on multiple forums. About 2 years ago, he surfaced on the Fedora forum. I just remember his remark that he was bored. Almost desperately restless - trying very hard to adopt Fedora.

I just wanted to tell him to back off, that no distribution is worth all that. Later, I saw he was here again apparently happy with debian.

Not that I or anyone else would know anything about hopping. :wink:

whoops - just noticed I resurrected the thread. Never mind!
edit: typo and misspelling
Last edited by apex.predator on 2009-04-08 02:23, edited 1 time in total.

Telemachus

#21 Post by Telemachus »

apex.predator wrote:whoops - just noticed I resurrected the thread. Never mind![/i]
Funny timing actually: there's a new guy here, and I'm convinced he's MeanDean with a different name - gnudude in case anybody's wondering.

Unless of course, you're him and this is a double fake out.
"We have not been faced with the need to satisfy someone else's requirements, and for this freedom we are grateful."
Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, The UNIX Time-Sharing System

otter

#22 Post by otter »

love ya :)

apex.predator

#23 Post by apex.predator »

Telemachus wrote:Unless of course, you're him and this is a double fake out.
It would be fun to say so, until you noticed the relative lack of Linux skills and general Dean 'tude.

Or, that could be interpreted as deliberate cover. Hmmm.

gnudude

#24 Post by gnudude »

:lol: too funny...

Troels

#25 Post by Troels »

AdrianTM wrote:
ComputerBob wrote:Whenever anyone leaves, I miss the parts of their posts that were helpful.

For what is worth seeing people so high on their horses is funny. Especially that they don't realize how silly they look.
Good analogy!

Also, it is funny to read the last couple of posts; I think the paranoia has taken over :D
Which mindset is right? Mine, of course. People who disagree with me are by definition crazy. (Until I change my mind, when they can suddenly become upstanding citizens. I'm flexible, and not black-and-white.) - Linus Torvalds.

lolanoob

#26 Post by lolanoob »

rickh always made me laugh; MeanDean, while an asshole sometimes, did help pathetic newbies like me http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=159028.

Old Tech

Re: Where did MeanDean go?

#27 Post by Old Tech »

Mike don't know anything. :lol: In Klikit Meandean=rduareu

jheaton5

Re: Where did MeanDean go?

#28 Post by jheaton5 »

I'd have to say that rickh was very helpful to me. He taught me a painful lesson: Do your homework. Searching for the answers on my own and reading the advice given to others is helping me learn faster than I would have letting you folks tell me what to do.
debian sid