Page 1 of 2

Daylight savings time

PostPosted: 2009-03-08 15:24
by BioTube
Are there any plans to support this?

PostPosted: 2009-03-08 18:06
by mike102282
Support what?

PostPosted: 2009-03-08 19:24
by BioTube
Automatic switching to DST.

PostPosted: 2009-03-08 19:41
by bugsbunny
$date
Sun Mar 8 15:40:23 EDT 2009


Already there for me

PostPosted: 2009-03-08 19:44
by mike102282
BioTube wrote:Automatic switching to DST.


All ready there :D

PostPosted: 2009-03-08 19:46
by bugsbunny
Unless you meant within the forum. Pretty much all forums I've seen have had this problem.

Re: Daylight savings time

PostPosted: 2009-03-08 19:47
by Telemachus
BioTube wrote:Are there any plans to support this?

What's your timezone setting? As folks have said, I get this automatically simply by saying that I want America/New_York as my timezone.

PostPosted: 2009-03-08 20:16
by didi
And there's the issue that the US and Europe don't switch to DST at the same time ...

PostPosted: 2009-03-08 21:00
by BioTube
I was talking about within the forum software, hence the placement in "Forum stuff & feedback".

PostPosted: 2009-03-08 21:15
by mike102282
BioTube wrote:I was talking about within the forum software, hence the placement in "Forum stuff & feedback".


That time is also right for me :D

PostPosted: 2009-03-09 04:42
by Lavene
BioTube wrote:I was talking about within the forum software, hence the placement in "Forum stuff & feedback".

AFAIK we do handle DST automatically but as pointed out above our server is in Europe. So I would assume that it doesn't switch until 29th of March.

Edit: And as the caffeine started working I see that the question is about the software. To answer that: I don't know... I kinda thought it did as long as you selected the correct timezone in your profile. Then again, I didn't even know you guys were out of sync with the rest of the world...

PostPosted: 2009-03-09 09:03
by ghostdawg
Seems like I remember having to reset time in my profile...

Lavene wrote:Then again, I didn't even know you guys were out of sync with the rest of the world...

We are Borg, Resistance is Futile...

Image

PostPosted: 2009-03-09 17:07
by Pick2
The way it works here in the good old US of A , a government BY the people and FOR the people is this:
The clock manufacturers wanted more money , so they greased the palms of a few politicians who passed a law changing when DST changed , thereby BORKing most of our clocks , and after we throw them away in aggravation , We the People went out and bought new ones ! :)
And , rest assured , that just as soon as the sale of clocks falls off again , they'll probably change it Back ! :lol:
GOD DAMN , I'm proud to be a broke American ! :shock:

PostPosted: 2009-03-09 18:12
by mike102282
Pick2 wrote:The way it works here in the good old US of A , a government BY the people and FOR the people is this:
The clock manufacturers wanted more money , so they greased the palms of a few politicians who passed a law changing when DST changed , thereby BORKing most of our clocks , and after we throw them away in aggravation , We the People went out and bought new ones ! :)
And , rest assured , that just as soon as the sale of clocks falls off again , they'll probably change it Back ! :lol:
GOD DAMN , I'm proud to be a broke American ! :shock:


If you bought a new clock because you dont know how to change it you deserve to be broke.

PostPosted: 2009-03-09 20:05
by BioTube
I have no idea why it starts earlier now, but I do remember that an argument for extending it on the other end involved Halloween.