Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How do I report threads?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
thewanderer

How do I report threads?

#1 Post by thewanderer »

As in thread subject, how do I report threads? Can't see a button for it.
I feel that I browse the forums often enough to be made a SpamHunter. I'd be glad to move away all that spam that came today, but am unable to :(
[url=irc://irc.freenode.net/debian]Find me on #debian at irc.freenode.net[/url] | Linux permission HOWTO | Shorewall firewall | Virtual web hosting

sickie

Re: How do I report threads?

#2 Post by sickie »

Left from "quote" button you'll see an exclamation mark (!); that's 'Report this post'.
:shock:

thewanderer

#3 Post by thewanderer »

Apparently it doesn't work in all phpbb themes. The blue one (can't recall its name) doesn't contain the exclamation mark, I think.
[url=irc://irc.freenode.net/debian]Find me on #debian at irc.freenode.net[/url] | Linux permission HOWTO | Shorewall firewall | Virtual web hosting

sickie

#4 Post by sickie »

I just tried all available themes and every one of them has the report button. The most problematic one is Hestia, which has a very small and transparent report button - not very usable. Maybe you were thinking about that theme. All other themes have the report button nicely visible, one just need to know that it's an exclamation mark.
:shock:

ComputerBob

#5 Post by ComputerBob »

When a spammer suddenly posts 20 new spam messages, it would be much faster and easier to be able to report the spammer's profile, instead of having to open each spam thread and report it individually.
ComputerBob - Making Geek-Speak Chic (TM)
ComputerBob.com - Nearly 6,000 Posts and 23 Million Views
My Massive Stroke
Help! (off-topic)

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#6 Post by Lavene »

ComputerBob wrote:When a spammer suddenly posts 20 new spam messages, it would be much faster and easier to be able to report the spammer's profile, instead of having to open each spam thread and report it individually.
One report is sufficient. We see who it is in the list of reports and can find all the posts in the profile. No need to report all twenty posts.

ComputerBob

#7 Post by ComputerBob »

Lavene wrote:
ComputerBob wrote:When a spammer suddenly posts 20 new spam messages, it would be much faster and easier to be able to report the spammer's profile, instead of having to open each spam thread and report it individually.
One report is sufficient. We see who it is in the list of reports and can find all the posts in the profile. No need to report all twenty posts.
Thanks! 8)
ComputerBob - Making Geek-Speak Chic (TM)
ComputerBob.com - Nearly 6,000 Posts and 23 Million Views
My Massive Stroke
Help! (off-topic)