Unsticky these?

Have something to say about forums.debian.net itself?

Unsticky these?

Postby Rolling Stone » 2009-11-15 10:42

User avatar
Rolling Stone
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 2009-02-15 18:55
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby debil » 2009-11-15 11:56

Why?

The CLI/zip thread contains all kinds of CLI-related information (mostly to noobs) and it was (apparently) requested to be stickied by several, so... I'm neutral on this one.

BUT, The Firefox/Iceweasel question is asked frequently by Debian newcomers (who can't bother to STFW before asking). By stickying that thread the forums have a bit less clutter than otherwise.
Q: Why is the Eunux kernel so bloated?
A: It was made in the image of its founder.
User avatar
debil
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: 2008-05-11 08:55
Location: Mazes of Menace, surrounded by brown puddings

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby Rolling Stone » 2009-11-15 12:42

Well, to me they seem pretty useless, especially the CLI one.
User avatar
Rolling Stone
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 2009-02-15 18:55
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby debil » 2009-11-15 12:48

I tend to agree with you on the CLI one. The other one has the point though.
Q: Why is the Eunux kernel so bloated?
A: It was made in the image of its founder.
User avatar
debil
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: 2008-05-11 08:55
Location: Mazes of Menace, surrounded by brown puddings

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby Rolling Stone » 2009-11-15 12:52

A concensus has been reached. :)

Unsticky the CLI thread, leave the Iceweasel one alone.
User avatar
Rolling Stone
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 2009-02-15 18:55
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby debil » 2009-11-15 13:00

As if it were up to us to decide :) But yes.
Q: Why is the Eunux kernel so bloated?
A: It was made in the image of its founder.
User avatar
debil
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: 2008-05-11 08:55
Location: Mazes of Menace, surrounded by brown puddings

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby edbarx » 2009-11-26 08:04

Sorry to disappoint you, but I disagree.
Debian == { > 30, 000 packages }; Debian != systemd
The worst infection of all, is a false sense of security!
It is hard to get away from CLI tools.
User avatar
edbarx
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: 2007-07-18 06:19
Location: 35° 50 N, 14 º 35 E

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby julian67 » 2009-11-26 09:11

edbarx wrote:Sorry to disappoint you, but I disagree.


Your arguments are both irrefutable and dazzling in their brilliance. So that's settled then.
Wisdom from my inbox: "do not mock at your pottenocy"
User avatar
julian67
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: 2007-04-06 14:39
Location: Just hanging around

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby edbarx » 2009-11-26 09:25

julian67 wrote:
edbarx wrote:Sorry to disappoint you, but I disagree.


Your arguments are both irrefutable and dazzling in their brilliance. So that's settled then.


Oh Dear, Julian67 did not sleep well this night! :lol:
Life is too short my friend to waste it arguing. :wink: Consider it only a subjective statement.
Debian == { > 30, 000 packages }; Debian != systemd
The worst infection of all, is a false sense of security!
It is hard to get away from CLI tools.
User avatar
edbarx
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: 2007-07-18 06:19
Location: 35° 50 N, 14 º 35 E

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby julian67 » 2009-11-26 09:34

:shock: <checks door is locked>
Wisdom from my inbox: "do not mock at your pottenocy"
User avatar
julian67
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: 2007-04-06 14:39
Location: Just hanging around

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby debil » 2009-11-26 09:42

edbarx wrote:
julian67 wrote:
edbarx wrote:Sorry to disappoint you, but I disagree.


Your arguments are both irrefutable and dazzling in their brilliance. So that's settled then.


Oh Dear, Julian67 did not sleep well this night! :lol:
Life is too short my friend to waste it arguing. :wink: Consider it only a subjective statement.

You do remember that this is a discussion board, not a contradiction board after all, edbarx?
'The Argument Sketch' by Monty Python's Flying Circus wrote:[...]
M: Oh look, this isn't an argument.
A: Yes it is.
M: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.
A: No it isn't.
M: It is!
A: It is not.
M: Look, you just contradicted me.
A: I did not.
M: Oh you did!!
A: No, no, no.
M: You did just then.
A: Nonsense!
M: Oh, this is futile!
A: No it isn't.
M: I came here for a good argument.
A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
A: It can be.
M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
A: No it isn't.
M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
A: Yes it is!
M: No it isn't!

A: Yes it is!
M: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.
(short pause)
A: No it isn't.
M: It is.
A: Not at all.
[...]
Q: Why is the Eunux kernel so bloated?
A: It was made in the image of its founder.
User avatar
debil
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: 2008-05-11 08:55
Location: Mazes of Menace, surrounded by brown puddings

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby julian67 » 2009-11-26 09:53

debil wrote:You do remember that this is a discussion board, not a contradiction board


No it isn't.
Wisdom from my inbox: "do not mock at your pottenocy"
User avatar
julian67
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: 2007-04-06 14:39
Location: Just hanging around

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby debil » 2009-11-26 09:58

julian67 wrote:
debil wrote:You do remember that this is a discussion board, not a contradiction board


No it isn't.

Bugger, didn't see that coming at all :D
Q: Why is the Eunux kernel so bloated?
A: It was made in the image of its founder.
User avatar
debil
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: 2008-05-11 08:55
Location: Mazes of Menace, surrounded by brown puddings

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby edbarx » 2009-11-26 10:47

debil wrote:You do remember that this is a discussion board, not a contradiction board after all, edbarx?

Just consider my post as an opinion. :wink:
Debian == { > 30, 000 packages }; Debian != systemd
The worst infection of all, is a false sense of security!
It is hard to get away from CLI tools.
User avatar
edbarx
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: 2007-07-18 06:19
Location: 35° 50 N, 14 º 35 E

Re: Unsticky these?

Postby debil » 2009-11-26 11:01

edbarx wrote:
debil wrote:You do remember that this is a discussion board, not a contradiction board after all, edbarx?

Just consider my post as an opinion. :wink:

Without any reasoning or rationale behind your opinion, I consider it all around worthless. But hey, that's just my opinion (with rationale behind it) ;) ;) ;)
Q: Why is the Eunux kernel so bloated?
A: It was made in the image of its founder.
User avatar
debil
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: 2008-05-11 08:55
Location: Mazes of Menace, surrounded by brown puddings

Next

Return to Forum stuff & feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

fashionable