Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Save and Submit buttons...

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.

Would it be a good idea to move/remove the save button?

Yes, move it.
No votes
Yes, get rid of it.
13%
No, keep it where it is.
88%

Total votes: 8

Dullstar

Save and Submit buttons...

#1 Post by Dullstar »

I keep accidentally clicking Save when I mean Submit! Can we either remove the button or move it so you don't click on the wrong one so much?

The way to judge what people think will be to add up both yes options, and then the popular choice is whichever option has the most votes out of the yes options if yes outnumbers no.
You have found the secret message! It is not in any way concealed or useful. Which really defeats the purpose of calling it a secret message. Whatever, who cares?

Pick2

Re: Save and Submit buttons...

#2 Post by Pick2 »

You have been visiting here for 10 whole days and you want to rearrange My furniture ? :lol:
I must admit , I hit the save button once by mistake , you'll adjust , It's what we humans do best :)

emariz

#3 Post by emariz »

How come? The Submit button is bold. Besides, I bet that banning you is easier than editing the board's code.

Dullstar

#4 Post by Dullstar »

Maybe I am freaking out a bit too early...
You have found the secret message! It is not in any way concealed or useful. Which really defeats the purpose of calling it a secret message. Whatever, who cares?

Mez
Debian Developer, Forum Ninja

#5 Post by Mez »

ha, I do that all the time... It's annoying, but bearable.

julian67

#6 Post by julian67 »

If you've ever written a long post i.e. a howto or a complex reply or question then the save button and the ability to edit drafts and keep different non-final versions is invaluable.
Wisdom from my inbox: "do not mock at your pottenocy"

Mez

#7 Post by Mez »

julian67 wrote:If you've ever written a long post i.e. a howto or a complex reply or question then the save button and the ability to edit drafts and keep different non-final versions is invaluable.
Noones doubting the functionality is useful, just whether the buttons are in the right place (Unless I've missed a post?)

julian67

#8 Post by julian67 »

Mez wrote:
julian67 wrote:If you've ever written a long post i.e. a howto or a complex reply or question then the save button and the ability to edit drafts and keep different non-final versions is invaluable.
Noones doubting the functionality is useful, just whether the buttons are in the right place (Unless I've missed a post?)
I see the word 'remove' in the poll question :wink:
Wisdom from my inbox: "do not mock at your pottenocy"

milomak

#9 Post by milomak »

i have no issues with its location.

What are the elements the save function is talking about that it won't save?
Desktop: A320M-A PRO MAX, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GALAX GeForce RTX™ 2060 Super EX (1-Click OC) - Sid, Win10, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Solus
Laptop: hp 250 G8 i3 11th Gen - Sid
Kodi: AMD Athlon 5150 APU w/Radeon HD 8400 - Sid