Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

suggestions/comments on proposed improvements

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
oswaldkelso
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

suggestions/comments on proposed improvements

#1 Post by oswaldkelso »

Several people have offered suggestions and advice on improving my "A Beginners guide to Debian" post http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=47258 I have tried to take their ideas on board whilst still keeping with in my original goal. I shall up date it barring any major objections later in the week.

A live draft can be seen here http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddq4dz3q_939q5v9ck

complete with a link to the existing post that shall remain.

My feelings on how I would like it to develop or stay from the proposed changes..

"Note: following some feed back (thanks, I shall credit you if you wish) This is a proposed revision of my original post. The original can be seen here It is mostly layout and grammatical changes with a view to making it more understandable and sequential, plus a few additions. If you have any comment or suggestions feel free to PM me. In an effort to remain transparent but allow the addition of and new material and further edits, any new material will be noted and dated."

More people are coming up with suggestions so I'll add a "learning more section"

"Learning more: Common tasks: I may add to the sections below as and when. If anyone wants to contribute any of the below or suggest new section's in the same or similar "bite sized chunks" feel free to PM me on the debian.forums. If I can add it with out destroying the flow for new users I shall. If you find your addition is growing to big please post in into the "tips from our members" section or try and break it down. If it becomes overly technical please post top the how to section instead. I see this as an over view of facts, with each section linking to tips and solutions for the "stable" release in as few words a possible. Not a huge list of detailed tips and solutions, they should be in suitable sections of the forum in their own right. Due to the too many cooks rule. I shall edit at my own discretion. :)"
Free Software Matters
Ash init durbatulûk, ash init gimbatul,
Ash init thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
My oldest used PC: 1999 imac 333Mhz 256MB PPC abandoned by Debian

oswaldkelso
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: suggestions/comments on proposed improvements

#2 Post by oswaldkelso »

Up Dated
Free Software Matters

jheaton5

#3 Post by jheaton5 »

I would like to suggest a forum for "Other Distro's". This will collect all requests for help from Ubuntu, Gentoo, etc. into one forum. Those who don't want to be bothered with those problems can ignore the forum. Those who don't mind helping can.

EDIT: One more thing, if we do this, we would have to admit that there are other distro's out there. :lol:
debian sid

sickie

#4 Post by sickie »

This thread is not for forum suggestions... read carefully the original post.
:shock:

oswaldkelso
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

#5 Post by oswaldkelso »

Revision2 of the Beginners guide is ready for your review, comments, and suggestions for improvements etc.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddq4dz3q_24cxjdstg2

nadirs gui install is also linked to. Comments and suggestions for improvements etc.
http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddq4dz3q_25gj7n7dcr

If there are no major objections I shall up date it later in the week. To save duplication and ease document management all older copy's will now be linked to in this thread.

I'd like to thank mdevour, Hazel, and nadir for their contributions and suggestions, a process has evolved where content is submitted, commented on and suggestions made. I then have the dubious pleasure of editing in such away that it can grow whilst and hopefully remain clear.

If anyone would like to submit content on one of the vacant slot/s or point not covered please do via pm.
Cheers
Free Software Matters