Ok OK

Have something to say about forums.debian.net itself?

Re: Ok OK

Postby refracta » 2010-06-04 16:59

jheaton5 wrote:Define bonehead. :mrgreen:

uh...well....if you use ubuntu then you are.....oh nevermind...

Actually I should of said "bonehead users with that kind of mentality" or something...but whatever works...heck it is just a bunch of thin-skin ubutnuts after all.
refracta

Postby nadir » 2010-06-04 17:03

Arguing wears me out! Life's too short.

Wrong. Life is way too long.

My point was : it (la la - pluralism - - la la -- accept the other one -- la la ) doesn't cost me a penny cause i don't need to make such decisions. If i am in the need to make decisions i am rather non-liberal, and i hate that.

I simply asked the mods/admins to re-think the actual case.
Sorry i am not able to say it different than i do.
I think it is clear now and i will try to stay out of the thread.
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.
nadir

Postby MALsPa » 2010-06-04 17:10

refracta wrote:I am sure it seems that way, when looking through your brown colored glasses.

Cute.

Well, I consider myself to be a Linux user. I don't even have Ubuntu installed at the moment, but you can say that I'm wearing brown-colored glasses if it makes you feel good. It doesn't really matter a whole lot to me which distro I have installed, although I prefer Debian-based distros, most likely because I'm more familiar with them. But, no real preference here between Debian, Ubuntu, and several other distros. It's all Linux, as far as I'm concerned. I laugh at all the Ubuntu bashing that goes on here. I guess I haven't had the awful experiences with Ubuntu that some folks apparently have had.
MALsPa

Postby MALsPa » 2010-06-04 17:14

nadir wrote:I simply asked the mods/admins to re-think the actual case.

Well, looks like Adrian isn't permanently banned, and I guess he could come back under a different user name, right? If he wanted to, that is.
MALsPa

Postby MALsPa » 2010-06-04 17:22

julian67 wrote:I expect that in replying to your post you probably now feel I am confirming your hilarious assumption, but please bear in mind that I was prompted to reply only by your exquisite use of humour.

You're quite clever, sir. Thanks for the back-handed compliment. I don't think that dropping a "LOL" smiley face into a forum post is really such an exquisite use of humor, but of course, neither do you. It was just an attempt to lighten up the conversation.

Judging by your posts in this and other threads, I felt that you have some issues with AdrianTM and it's very difficult for you to refrain from making comments to him, and from commenting about him, even now that he is gone from these forums. But, that's your business. It really should be no business of mine, and I'll respect you by not attempting to make it any of my business from this point forward. Not that you care one way or another, I'm sure.
MALsPa

Postby refracta » 2010-06-04 17:45

MALsPa wrote: I laugh at all the Ubuntu bashing that goes on here.

I laugh at the thought that criticism is the same as bashing.....who could possibly consider that the same thing except fanbois
refracta

Postby MALsPa » 2010-06-04 17:51

refracta wrote:
MALsPa wrote: I laugh at all the Ubuntu bashing that goes on here.

I laugh at the thought that criticism is the same as bashing.....who could possibly consider that the same thing except fanbois

Some of it is simply criticism, to be sure, and that's fair enough. Quite a good amount of it is simply bashing. There is a difference.
MALsPa

Postby refracta » 2010-06-04 17:52

MALsPa wrote: Quite a good amount of it is simply bashing. There is a difference.

Please point out the good amount of bashing..
refracta

Postby MALsPa » 2010-06-04 18:06

refracta wrote:
MALsPa wrote: Quite a good amount of it is simply bashing. There is a difference.

Please point out the good amount of bashing..

I don't think I need to go through and find examples for you. There's no reason for me to try to convince you of anything, anyway. I know that other folks have noticed the Ubuntu bashing that goes on here, and folks have commented about it here and in other Linux forums as well as privately. It's really no secret. If you don't see it already, then it would be pointless to even try to point it out to you.
MALsPa

Postby refracta » 2010-06-04 18:25

yea....those people wearing brown colored glasses could find ubuntu bashing in the slightest of slights so I am sure they have a aneurysm at this forum

I am sure that even this is even considered bashing
http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/lpc_2008_keynote.html
refracta

Postby MALsPa » 2010-06-04 18:35

LOL! Well, put it like this, some folks do spend a lot of time and go to a lot of trouble to criticize Ubuntu! :lol:
MALsPa

Postby julian67 » 2010-06-04 18:39

MALsPa wrote:LOL! Well, put it like this, some folks do spend a lot of time and go to a lot of trouble to criticize Ubuntu! :lol:

How about putting something to that effect in your sig and then going after people you think are bashing, and complaining to them and about them and the issue in general? I hear it can work wonders.
Wisdom from my inbox: "do not mock at your pottenocy"
julian67

Postby refracta » 2010-06-04 18:40

MALsPa wrote:LOL! Well, put it like this, some folks do spend a lot of time and go to a lot of trouble to criticize Ubuntu! :lol:

oh it is no trouble at all.....that is what a community is for :wink:

Bring up novell/suse in every thread and I assure you that you will hear people criticize them a lot too...
refracta

Postby MALsPa » 2010-06-04 18:43

julian67 wrote:

How about putting something to that effect in your sig and then going after people you think are bashing, and complaining to them and about them and the issue in general? I hear it can work wonders.

No thanks, but it is kinda cute sometimes when folks take cheap shots at others with cleverly-worded remarks in their sigs, isn't it? Most of the time, though, I don't even notice a person's sig.
MALsPa

Postby MALsPa » 2010-06-04 18:44

refracta wrote:Bring up novell/suse in every thread and I assure you that you will hear people criticize them a lot too...

true
MALsPa

PreviousNext

Return to Forum stuff & feedback