Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Politics?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
MrFrood

Politics?

#1 Post by MrFrood »

In the "Forum guidelines" it states
The following might get your post REMOVED
- Obviously political/ religious content
and I have seen threads locked with the comment
Discussions in "Off topic" should still be in the spirit of this board, that is related to Linux/ Computers/ Software etc. Political, religious or racial discussions do not belong on this board.
Now given the nature of this forum with its tight focus on Debian I have no issue with a restriction on the discussion of politics as it relates to things non-Debian and non-FOSS however I would like to know what this forums policy is when Debian/FOSS and politics cross paths, is discussion allowed?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

http://happy.sdf-eul.org/

Soul Singin'

Re: Politics?

#2 Post by Soul Singin' »

MrFrood wrote:I would like to know what this forums policy is when Debian/FOSS and politics cross paths, is discussion allowed?
Discussion has been allowed in the past.

nadir

Re: Politics?

#3 Post by nadir »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_and_circuses

It bugs me a lot, btw. Its still much better than on most other boards i know (where the rule is simple: everything not strictly related will be locked). I'm for free speech. Always.

It's now time to say that "the guidelines say so". :D

PS: ding translates "Willkür" as "force" which is not what i have in mind when linking to wikipedia. "Tyranny" is a bit too harsh.
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.