Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Is this forum slowing down?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Bulkley

Is this forum slowing down?

#1 Post by Bulkley »

Is it just my connection or is this forum server slower than normal? I don't notice this on other forums.

mephjones

Re: Is this forum slowing down?

#2 Post by mephjones »

Bulkley wrote:Is it just my connection or is this forum server slower than normal? I don't notice this on other forums.
There are essentially no trolls, which brings the volume down considerably. :)

JohnDeere630

#3 Post by JohnDeere630 »

mephjones wrote:
Bulkley wrote:Is it just my connection or is this forum server slower than normal? I don't notice this on other forums.
I beg your pardon, I am alive and well! :lol:

Bulkley

#4 Post by Bulkley »

mephjones wrote:
Sorry, I guess I didn't explain myself well. I mean slow as in slow loading. When I hit the Submit button to post this, it will take longer than it used to. Sometimes it just sits there until I get bored and shift to another site on another tab. It varies, but it can be really slow.

Soul Singin'

#5 Post by Soul Singin' »

If you're in the United States, the slow speeds may reflect your cable company or phone company's monopoly on broadband.
On Saturday Night Live (1976), Lily Tomlin wrote:You see, this phone system consists of a multibillion-dollar matrix of space age technology that is so sophisticated even we can't handle it. But that's your problem, isn't it? So, the next time you complain about your phone service, why don't you try using two Dixie cups with a string? We don't care. We don't have to. We're the Phone Company.

Bulkley

#6 Post by Bulkley »

Soul Singin' wrote:If you're in the United States, the slow speeds may reflect your cable company or phone company's monopoly on broadband.
I'm in Canada, but you might be right. If every site I hit was like this, I would think the problem is my IP. However, it is just this site. Maybe it is the European connection that is slow? It used to be faster which is what puzzles me.

Tadeas

#7 Post by Tadeas »

It seems fine to me.. Submit etc. clicks are almost instant.
Prague (central Europe).

It's probably a ISP or browser issue...
Because let’s face it, the unfortunate aspect of software development is that it involves humans. Mewling, disorganized, miserably analog humans. Sometimes they smell bad.

cynwulf

#8 Post by cynwulf »

No problems here - like the proverbial off a shovel in fact.

Bulkley

#9 Post by Bulkley »

I think the problem is Iceweasel. I have both Adblock Plus and NoScript running. I tried using Arora and Debian User Forums comes right up. I use different browsers for different tasks. Maybe I should use Arora or Epiphany for this forum.