Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

images in signatures

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
traveler

Re: images in signatures

#21 Post by traveler »

RitaSkeeter wrote:The only one in this situation who received the "ultimate"punishment was the original instigator, nomko. JohnDeere630 was issued a warning, but was not banned even for a day.
Re: Forum uproar
Postby Absent Minded » 2011-02-02 17:12

Nokimo, if you continue to intentionally incite flame wars, your next ban will be a permanent one instead of just two weeks.
Re: Justice was served, an apology to the forum members
Postby cynwulf1 » 2011-02-03 03:39

I'm glad to hear you weren't banned - I on the other hand received what appears to be a 1 month ban without explanation and the post I made was deleted.
Maybe you are more privy to the latest details in the soap opera than the rest of the peasantry, "RitaSkeeter". If nomko got the perma-ban he so richly deserves and the rumor I heard that cynwulf's sentence was reduced to 2 weeks (still unfair) I'd consider stopping smashing windows and burning parked vehicles in the streets of Debianville.
I wish for a conjugal visit and world peace. (Don't want to seem selfish.)

RitaSkeeter

#22 Post by RitaSkeeter »

traveler wrote:Maybe you are more privy to the latest details in the soap opera than the rest of the peasantry, "RitaSkeeter". If nomko got the perma-ban he so richly deserves and the rumor I heard that cynwulf's sentence was reduced to 2 weeks (still unfair) I'd consider stopping smashing windows and burning parked vehicles in the streets of Debianville.
Ze rumors, ze be true, ve haf our vays to make zem divulge de information ve seek. :mrgreen:

MALsPa

#23 Post by MALsPa »

oOarthurOo wrote:Let me know when the crybaby routine is over.
+1

AMLJ

#24 Post by AMLJ »

oOarthurOo wrote:It's embarassing. All these new users will be coming in now that squeeze is released and the place looks like crap.
It doesn't, in my opinion. However, I suggest you think about this a bit more. Cynwulf got banned for nothing, and more than that nomko guy. That's not fair at all. When some decided to talk about it the thread got locked...
oOarthurOo wrote:I've given up trying to clean it up and have added everyone with the signature to foe's list so they don't show up no matter what computer I'm on.
That's what I call win win...
oOarthurOo wrote:Let me know when the crybaby routine is over.
I don't know what you are calling a crybaby routine. If you mean our reaction to what happened, I'm sorry for you... I will...
But it really doesn't look that bad, being in your foe list... :lol:
AMLJ**0-1-47

canci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#25 Post by canci »

Image Stable / Asus VivoBook X421DA / AMD Ryzen 7 3700U / Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (Picasso) / 8 GB RAM / 512GB NVMe

READ THIS:

* How to Post a Thread Here
* Other Tips and Great Resources

Mez
Debian Developer, Forum Ninja

#26 Post by Mez »

You can easily just disable viewing signatures

Click here - and set "Display Signatures" to No

Mez

#27 Post by Mez »

After reading page 2 - locking this thread.

There is an established way of contacting the forum Admins:-

admin@forums.debian.net