Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

"Free Cynwulf now" Now I have a warning as well

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
julian67

"Free Cynwulf now" Now I have a warning as well

#1 Post by julian67 »

Apparently me writing this http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=59929
I have something to say about the administration of the board. First the policy is for this to be done via pm. The first time I pm'd Mez (on a different subject) I didn't even get the plain courtesy of a reply. I did hear via the grapevine his pejorative and condescending reaction. My crime was to offer to help out with the spam cleaning (a few months go when it wasn't getting done in good time because there weren't enough mods or spam hunters). The act of volunteering apparently marks me out as the kind of person he won't have helping out. I know someone else reported getting the exact same snotty response, which is why I know what I heard is authentic. Now for the next time I pm'd Mez: that was just a few days ago and was prompted by all this stink about Cynwulf. It never left my outbox I guess because Mez didn't log in, or maybe there is some other reason, I'm not entirely clear how board pm system works. So I gave up expecting to be able to express myself privately as per board policy and deleted it and I'll state some of it here on the public area of the board instead:

We used to have admins who took part in this board just like any other member, were friendly, knew people here, were involved. They liked it here! When the crap hit the fan, as it does on any board, they had the advantages that they usually knew the personalities involved and also they already had the respect of the members, so if they needed to administer a warning or suspension they generally got it right and people had some respect for their decisions. It really helps if you have a store of goodwill. You get this by acting like a human being and engaging with people. If you act like a 3rd rate deity and treat the place and its members with contempt or indifference then guess what - they think you're an asshole too! If some people running this board don't much like the members, don't like to put in the time, and don't want to participate, well what the hell are you doing here anyway?
is worth this
Mez wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 07#p349307 .

Directed attacks are not tolerated on this board.
Mez you ignore pms and at the same time also disallow public expression. You make crappy remarks about others but can't tolerate criticism or even disagreement. You don't care enough to even participate except to issue sanctions and orders. You don't even make the slightest effort to join in or get along with people. Long standing members who have contributed over long periods are fed up and quitting participating. You are screwing this place up worse than any of the members ever did.
Wisdom from my inbox: "do not mock at your pottenocy"

Mez
Debian Developer, Forum Ninja
Debian Developer, Forum Ninja

Re: "Free Cynwulf now" Now I have a warning as well

#2 Post by Mez »

There is an established procedure for contacting the board admins.

admin@forums.debian.net