Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Official debian forums real debain user

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
AMLJ

Re: Official debian forums real debain user

#31 Post by AMLJ »

confuseling wrote:the self-appointed guardians of the Debian creed (most of them, it seems, quite new)
Ridiculous, and sad...
AMLJ**0-1-47

confuseling

#32 Post by confuseling »

I didn't name any of them as 'the self-appointed guardians of the Debian creed' - who I thought it was self-evident were by definition not the respected members. I don't even know why I'm bothering to type that. I hope you enjoy your new forum.
The Forum's search box is terrible. Use site specific search, e.g.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... terms+here

Mr James

#33 Post by Mr James »

confuseling wrote:I didn't name any of them as 'the self-appointed guardians of the Debian creed' - who I thought it was self-evident were by definition not the respected members. I don't even know why I'm bothering to type that. I hope you enjoy your new forum.
You did say "them" as in more than one, and "them" are the ones I mentioned, and "them" are the ones over there.
If you are referring to me, yeah, I'm new but I never made myself a "self-appointed guardians of the Debian creed". I snap at people who tell me they prefer Ubuntu and how Ubuntu is so much better in this place.
So go bother somebody else.
asus S551L laptop :: debian stable :: dwm

llivv

#34 Post by llivv »

I think the analogy I'm having difficultly with is the comparison of Patrick and Mark..()
Patricks BDFL dictatorship is 0% Debian... Marks SABDFL dictatorship is different and his OS is 50% Debian at best...
I think any newb/noob that posts to the debain forum thinking that ubuntu is debian should be corrected forthwtih..
And if they complain about the way they are treated when being corrected ( you know who you are) they should be assigned an appropriate label, until they demonstrated an satisfactory understanding of definition of "What is Debain?"

If you read enough bug submitted to the debian BTS that include such idiotic statements as.
"I'm using liquorix kernel but the same thing happens with the latest sid kernel ( notice no version is mentioned by the person reporting the bug and no debian kernel version get picked up by the bug script either, obviously)
you begin to understand what Debian is and what debian is not..
And you have to ask yourself why do I think the debian teams should be responsible for helping to maintain non debain kernels,
OOT kernel modules that have no debian maintainer for that module or set of modules, and untimely wishlist bugs that are tagged as severe or important because a non debian devel has a release date to meet. ( just one obnoxious example).....

Furthermore, when multimedia and backport repos are officially supported as debian packages that is when I will consider them as part of a 100% debian box, not until....

One might even start to think that Mark has been to this forum and has complained to debian forum admin about the way ( non debian) questions (have been traditionally, are presently treated) in the debian forum....
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.