Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Anti-bot registration questions

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
digicrat

Anti-bot registration questions

#1 Post by digicrat »

Fyi, your registration question of "what is the middle number" has an even number of responses, so technically there isn't a whole number in the middle.

Coincidentally I just added a similar "are you human question" to another forum that I'm administrating. Out of curiosity, have you found those questions to be particularly effective? So far, none of these safeguards seem to be particularly effective on my boards.

confuseling

Re: Anti-bot registration questions

#2 Post by confuseling »

Really? Seriously? The two threads immediately below this are about exactly the same thing, if you search there are probably more. Did you just not think to look?
The Forum's search box is terrible. Use site specific search, e.g.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... terms+here

digicrat

#3 Post by digicrat »

Sorry - that's what happens when I register+post 10 minutes after I wake up in the morning ;-)

I am curious though if those questions are actually working for you guys. So far, it's had minimal to no effect on my board.

confuseling

#4 Post by confuseling »

Fair enough. :lol:

Speaking only as a user, there is still lots of spam - but impossible to guess how much there'd be if the registration questions weren't there. I presume bots just brute-force them, so perhaps simple questions with many many potential answers would work better.
The Forum's search box is terrible. Use site specific search, e.g.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... terms+here