Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What a great forum for a noob!

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Al Try

What a great forum for a noob!

#1 Post by Al Try »

Someone told me Debian forums was a hostile place for newbies. I find people on the Debian forum exceptionally friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. What makes this forum great isn't just the amount of knowledge, but the absence of trolling, random talk and unsolved duplicate threads, compared to others. Thank you, Debianians.

Mr James

Re: What a great forum for a noob!

#2 Post by Mr James »

Al Try wrote:Someone told me Debian forums was a hostile place for newbies.
Only people who are impolite, inconsiderate and/or lazy and get (justly) flamed for it say that.
Al Try wrote:I find people on the Debian forum exceptionally friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
Same testimony I have of this joint.
Al Try wrote:What makes this forum great isn't just the amount of knowledge, but the absence of trolling, random talk and unsolved duplicate threads, compared to others. Thank you, Debianians.
Hmmm, I wonder what "other forums" you are referring to... :roll: :lol:
asus S551L laptop :: debian stable :: dwm