Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Monitoring the forum

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
bigmoozer

Monitoring the forum

#1 Post by bigmoozer »

Hi

I would like to follow what is going on on the forum, but I am unsure how to do it.
Had this been a blog, I would subscribe to an rss feed.

How do you do it? Do you have a browser window open or are you checking in at regular intervals?

regards
mooze

PS.
I have a nagging feeling, that this is flame war material. I'm hoping for good suggestions.

cynwulf

Re: Monitoring the forum

#2 Post by cynwulf »

There is a "subscribe topic" option near to the bottom, in thread. Apart from that it's just a case of reading and posting in whatever interests you.

Mr James

#3 Post by Mr James »

There is the "active topics" button you can hit on your way in - active topics is what you want to "follow up"...
asus S551L laptop :: debian stable :: dwm

Bro.Tiag

#4 Post by Bro.Tiag »

Mr James wrote:There is the "active topics" button you can hit on your way in - active topics is what you want to "follow up"...
There is also a "View New Post" button, which I prefer, but it works the much the same as what Mr. James said.

Cheers

tich.marcel

#5 Post by tich.marcel »

"Visit new post" is good, fast, easy to use :-)

bigmoozer

#6 Post by bigmoozer »

I don't know how I missed the links at the top, perhaps I starred myself blind looking for an rss icon.

Thanks for the feedback.