Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Urgent] Problem with forum site?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
bkpsusmitaa

[Urgent] Problem with forum site?

#1 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

Dear friends,
Is there something wrong with the Debian Forum site itself? Whenever I want to post a couple of screenshots, each of about 10-12KB in size I am warned:
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
Please check.
Regards
Freedom is impossible to conceive.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home

roseway

Re: [Urgent] Problem with forum site?

#2 Post by roseway »

Forums have a limit on the storage space for attachments, and it looks as though that limit has been reached. The admins need to do some housekeeping to free up more space or increase the limit.

In the meantime, upload your screenshots to one of the image sharing services and reference them in your messages using [img]/[/img] tags.
Eric

bkpsusmitaa

#3 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

Thanks, Roseway. However, to protect my privacy I find it risky to share my screenshots via an online image sharing site. With a priliminary net search I found that the picture sharing sites are accessible only after registration, which includes my email-Id.
Anyway, learning that the problem I faced is indeed is a general problem with the forum regarding posting of images, and that it is not only my problem, I feel relaxed, because there are efficient programmers who will take care of it soon.

Well, now to share my real problem, which is at the following link:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64126
Regards
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home

saulgoode

#4 Post by saulgoode »

bkpsusmitaa wrote:Thanks, Roseway. However, to protect my privacy I find it risky to share my screenshots via an online image sharing site. With a priliminary net search I found that the picture sharing sites are accessible only after registration, which includes my email-Id.
freeimagehosting.net does not require registration.
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it. -- Brian Kernighan

bkpsusmitaa

#5 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

Thank you so very much. I feel humble when I come across people who know so much. I will remember the link in future, as the current problem has been solved
Books that help: