Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Suggestion] Debian Sid subforum

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Barcelona_DEB

[Suggestion] Debian Sid subforum

#1 Post by Barcelona_DEB »

Hi people. What do you think about to have a specific subforum for Debian sid ? I think that is a good idea because sometimes there are issues installing or upgrading sid, and sometimes it' s hard to find information. For example, look at this post: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=64058 I think that things like this or another sid related info would be easy to find in a specific subforum.

kedaha

Re: [Suggestion] Debian Sid subforum

#2 Post by kedaha »

A sub-forum about running Sid as a desktop system? Interesting although many users probably just run a mixed Testing/experimental, i.e., Wheezy/Sid system for greater stability. It seems a reasonable proposal to me, specially since I've been toying with the idea of creating a partition on my hard drive to install Sid just to keep track of what's going on on the cutting edge of development away from my my rock-solid Squeeze systems.
DebianStable

Code: Select all

$ vrms

No non-free or contrib packages installed on debian!  rms would be proud.