Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian is Awesome

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Gerowen
XMMP/Jabber: gerowen@conversations.im

Debian is Awesome

#1 Post by Gerowen »

Just wanted to say that I've been using Debian since the release of Ubuntu 11.04. I've come to appreciate Debian, its history and philosophies, and just how robust of a system it is. I've migrated all 3 of my home computers to the latest version of Debian stable, one of which is a home server, and I've never been happier. Everything has just been super reliable, and I've also replaced Ubuntu with Debian for users whose computers I work on that don't have a valid copy of Windows, or don't want to pay for additional restore discs (provided they don't have them). I've taken Debian, applied a custom Metacity theme and icon set, written a script to pre-install some commonly used software, and made that the standard for those users. I've even had several people "thank" me for solving all of their computer problems by giving them Linux.

vbrummond

Re: Debian is Awesome

#2 Post by vbrummond »

Welcome to the forums Gerowen! 8)
Always on Debian Testing