On the neon blue borders and header background

Have something to say about forums.debian.net itself?

On the neon blue borders and header background

Postby dmhdlr » 2011-11-16 06:28

They upset a rather nice, conservative, agreeable look. The other blues work very nicely with the white and hints of Debian red, especially in the threads; but the intense blue is too blue. May I suggest the darker hues from Space Fun? In fact why isn't there some Space Fun going on here? The banner at debian.org is informative, playful, whimsical, easy on the eyes.
[formerly known as Deckard]
"Emacs: making you posthuman since 1976"
Axiom #1: Emacs is a text interface prosthesis
Axiom #2: Org-mode gives you super cyborg organizational powers
cf. Why Emacs | Emacs-fu | EmacsWiki | Worg
dmhdlr

Re: On the neon blue borders and header background

Postby Randicus » 2011-11-16 09:12

Are you suggesting Space Fun as the default or as a choice? If Space Fun refers to the space ship leaving a smoke trail that forms the Debian swirl, I would prefer it to be a choice, not the default. I do not like that design.
I use the SkyBlue theme, but I think Bl@ck would be a better default than the current theme. (I forget what it is called.)
Randicus

Postby dmhdlr » 2011-11-17 03:27

Yea, Space Fun:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/SpaceFun

I'm saying that the present default "prosilver" should have its banner replaced by this banner, and everywhere else the blue of the present banner should be replaced by a blue from Space Fun.

In other words:

[formerly known as Deckard]
"Emacs: making you posthuman since 1976"
Axiom #1: Emacs is a text interface prosthesis
Axiom #2: Org-mode gives you super cyborg organizational powers
cf. Why Emacs | Emacs-fu | EmacsWiki | Worg
dmhdlr

Postby Randicus » 2011-11-17 04:32

A nicer shade of blue might be a good idea, but I do not like the Space Fun theme. I love Debian, but I think the funny space ship and unattractive star stream is ugly. (Of course, that is only my opinion.) I would prefer a theme that uses the Debian lamp and swirl. (Again, my not-so-humble opinion. :D )
Randicus

Postby vbrummond » 2011-11-17 04:41

I am not heavily fond of the space fun theme. Though all the feedback of it I have witnessed has been thoroughly positive. (This is personal experiences of folks that without prompting stated how much they like the background/art). As for the logo, I really do not like the lamp logo. It just feels cartoony and hard to take serious. Just the swirl is great and seems to work everywhere.

As for a change to the forums at all I see no reason to vote in it favour of it. Personally I use the red theme.
System: Retina 5K iMac, 27-inch, Late 2015 - Intel i5-6600 3.3ghz, 8gb RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB
vbrummond

Postby Randicus » 2011-11-17 10:44

One useful change could be to move the theme selection option to a more prominent location. I have seen the theme selector on the main page at other fora. It took me quite a while to find the Debian theme selector. I found it by accident when I was poking around the User Control Panel just seeing what all was there.
Randicus

Return to Forum stuff & feedback