Suggestion - Cloud in Reverse - TO Fix Debian

Have something to say about forums.debian.net itself?

Re: Suggestion - Cloud in Reverse - TO Fix Debian

Postby nadir » 2012-03-16 10:10

You can do worse things to a PC you got control over than just get yourself some data. The first step in a really serious attack is getting control over another PC, and do the operations from there.
I once let someone from here help me via ssh (setting up webmin/samba, if i recall correct). But: i knew him quite well, from here and from IRC.
A newbie or beginner would not know someone well enough to trust him

The more serious problem:
Someone who has got problems with easy problems is supposed to set up a ssh connection, including forwarding the router and all?
So he or she shall learn something rather difficult to get something rather easy solved?
Mhh....

The above said: i kinda like the idea in general. I don't think it's do-able, but i like it.
Probably due to my crash for self-organization, crassroot and communities (and my horror for authorities, hierarchies, centralization, etc, in short: military).
I am quite sure you would need a way for real-time-communication, and the forum intern IRC-channel would be a good place to start:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47049
(the last time i have been there it was rather silent. If it is now "loud" one could create a sub-channel, i guess).
Last edited by nadir on 2012-03-16 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.
nadir

Postby makh » 2012-03-16 10:21

Thank you very much Nadir.

I suppose there must be someway for doability of this thing. I wish it comes up.
makh

Postby nadir » 2012-03-16 10:22

makh wrote:Thank you very much Nadir.

I suppose there must be someway for doability of this thing. I wish it comes up.

I edit my posts often, probably cause of my general confusion.
I added the link to the forum intern IRC-channel, which i consider a good place to start. Here it is again:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47049
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.
nadir

Postby Randicus » 2012-03-16 10:33

makh wrote:During studying I read, that anyone who feels linux to be solved all by himself if he gets hints, then he is a GURU.

Read documentation, get help on the forum, fit the pieces together. The life of learning and loving Linux. And I am not a guru. I am as close to being a guru as I am of walking on the moon. If I read, ask questions, bang my head against a wall, and I still cannot do it, I read some more, ask more questions, bang my head again, and eventually I shall figure it out.
The nature, and dare I say culture, of GNU-Linux involves self-reliance and a willingness to learn. It may take me a month to figure out what some people on this forum can figure out in a day, but with perseverance and a little help, hopefully, I can learn to do all the things I want to do.
As craigevil pointed out, people who do not want to learn should not be using GNU-Linux.
makh wrote:Moreover, if I dont have a problem left unsolved, what am I doing here? or was doing back in suse/ub/arch forums in past.

If one knows everything, one is a guru. One purpose of still being here is to answer questions by providing advice and pushes in the right direction.
Randicus

Postby golinux » 2012-03-16 14:56

Randicus wrote:Read documentation, get help on the forum, fit the pieces together. The life of learning and loving Linux. And I am not a guru. I am as close to being a guru as I am of walking on the moon. If I read, ask questions, bang my head against a wall, and I still cannot do it, I read some more, ask more questions, bang my head again, and eventually I shall figure it out.

The nature, and dare I say culture, of GNU-Linux involves self-reliance and a willingness to learn. It may take me a month to figure out what some people on this forum can figure out in a day, but with perseverance and a little help, hopefully, I can learn to do all the things I want to do.

As craigevil pointed out, people who do not want to learn should not be using GNU-Linux.

That's a perfect description. Gonna be passing it on as appropriate.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby JohnDeere730 » 2012-03-16 21:22

Randicus wrote:Read documentation, get help on the forum, fit the pieces together. The life of learning and loving Linux. And I am not a guru. I am as close to being a guru as I am of walking on the moon. If I read, ask questions, bang my head against a wall, and I still cannot do it, I read some more, ask more questions, bang my head again, and eventually I shall figure it out.

+1 That was well said! Heck, there are plenty of linux distros that encourage hand-holding and diaper changing. Debian is NOT one of them. Live with it.
JohnDeere730

Previous

Return to Forum stuff & feedback