Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Suggestion - Cloud in Reverse - TO Fix Debian

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
nadir

Re: Suggestion - Cloud in Reverse - TO Fix Debian

#16 Post by nadir »

You can do worse things to a PC you got control over than just get yourself some data. The first step in a really serious attack is getting control over another PC, and do the operations from there.
I once let someone from here help me via ssh (setting up webmin/samba, if i recall correct). But: i knew him quite well, from here and from IRC.
A newbie or beginner would not know someone well enough to trust him

The more serious problem:
Someone who has got problems with easy problems is supposed to set up a ssh connection, including forwarding the router and all?
So he or she shall learn something rather difficult to get something rather easy solved?
Mhh....

The above said: i kinda like the idea in general. I don't think it's do-able, but i like it.
Probably due to my crash for self-organization, crassroot and communities (and my horror for authorities, hierarchies, centralization, etc, in short: military).
I am quite sure you would need a way for real-time-communication, and the forum intern IRC-channel would be a good place to start:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47049
(the last time i have been there it was rather silent. If it is now "loud" one could create a sub-channel, i guess).
Last edited by nadir on 2012-03-16 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.

makh

#17 Post by makh »

Thank you very much Nadir.

I suppose there must be someway for doability of this thing. I wish it comes up.

nadir

#18 Post by nadir »

makh wrote:Thank you very much Nadir.

I suppose there must be someway for doability of this thing. I wish it comes up.
I edit my posts often, probably cause of my general confusion.
I added the link to the forum intern IRC-channel, which i consider a good place to start. Here it is again:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47049
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.

Randicus

#19 Post by Randicus »

makh wrote:During studying I read, that anyone who feels linux to be solved all by himself if he gets hints, then he is a GURU.
Read documentation, get help on the forum, fit the pieces together. The life of learning and loving Linux. And I am not a guru. I am as close to being a guru as I am of walking on the moon. If I read, ask questions, bang my head against a wall, and I still cannot do it, I read some more, ask more questions, bang my head again, and eventually I shall figure it out.
The nature, and dare I say culture, of GNU-Linux involves self-reliance and a willingness to learn. It may take me a month to figure out what some people on this forum can figure out in a day, but with perseverance and a little help, hopefully, I can learn to do all the things I want to do.
As craigevil pointed out, people who do not want to learn should not be using GNU-Linux.
makh wrote:Moreover, if I dont have a problem left unsolved, what am I doing here? or was doing back in suse/ub/arch forums in past.
If one knows everything, one is a guru. One purpose of still being here is to answer questions by providing advice and pushes in the right direction.

golinux

#20 Post by golinux »

Randicus wrote:Read documentation, get help on the forum, fit the pieces together. The life of learning and loving Linux. And I am not a guru. I am as close to being a guru as I am of walking on the moon. If I read, ask questions, bang my head against a wall, and I still cannot do it, I read some more, ask more questions, bang my head again, and eventually I shall figure it out.

The nature, and dare I say culture, of GNU-Linux involves self-reliance and a willingness to learn. It may take me a month to figure out what some people on this forum can figure out in a day, but with perseverance and a little help, hopefully, I can learn to do all the things I want to do.

As craigevil pointed out, people who do not want to learn should not be using GNU-Linux.
That's a perfect description. Gonna be passing it on as appropriate.
May the FORK be with you!

JohnDeere730

#21 Post by JohnDeere730 »

Randicus wrote: Read documentation, get help on the forum, fit the pieces together. The life of learning and loving Linux. And I am not a guru. I am as close to being a guru as I am of walking on the moon. If I read, ask questions, bang my head against a wall, and I still cannot do it, I read some more, ask more questions, bang my head again, and eventually I shall figure it out.
+1 That was well said! Heck, there are plenty of linux distros that encourage hand-holding and diaper changing. Debian is NOT one of them. Live with it.