Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

New Shape to forum - REQUIRED

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
makh

Re: New Shape to forum - REQUIRED

#16 Post by makh »

Hi Craig

Its nice that u r gifted with all linux solutions, but its not appropriate to blow it to somebody who is less in something than u.

I only point at their documentation, I never mentioned their forum. I suppose one in debian must never compare or under estimate other linux distros, all get same kernel from Trovalds. This is all I get to see in other forums, bashing other linuxes for nothing.

Ubuntu and Fedora projects are making linux alive on many desktops from past few years. Its a fact.

Hi JohnDeere730; dzz; jheaton5: Its such a pity if educated people like you do this. This is making linux image down.

nadir

#17 Post by nadir »

I understood they meant: "post count says nothing about knowledge".
I can assure you: they are right. No idea where all my posts come from (probably lots of chat, lots of "extended discussions" too, but for sure not knowledge).
The only way to know whom to trust is to hang around for a while (no thanks buttons, no post counts, no beans system will help you with that. It might give a first hint, but thats it).
Imho.

As for subsections: i never know where to ask, hence i always put it in "general". More sections would not help me. Still "general" :-) That is me.
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.

cynwulf

#18 Post by cynwulf »

Offtopic: Has anyone seen any of those pathetic troll alt accounts lately? Just wondering...

:roll:

JohnDeere730

#19 Post by JohnDeere730 »

makh wrote:Hi Craig

Its nice that u r gifted with all linux solutions, but its not appropriate to blow it to somebody who is less in something than u.
Craig never said he had all the solutions; he was "blowing it to you" what the hell ever that means, because of your arrogant attitude, not any perceived lack of knowledge on your part.
makh wrote: Hi JohnDeere730; dzz; jheaton5: Its such a pity if educated people like you do this. This is making linux image down.
No, it's people like you making asinine assumptions and arrogant pronouncements based on said assumptions that bring "linux down", as you say. Grow up.

craigevil

#20 Post by craigevil »

Locking thread before the flames get any worse.
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.69-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list