New Shape to forum - REQUIRED

Have something to say about forums.debian.net itself?

Re: New Shape to forum - REQUIRED

Postby makh » 2012-03-16 10:18

Hi Craig

Its nice that u r gifted with all linux solutions, but its not appropriate to blow it to somebody who is less in something than u.

I only point at their documentation, I never mentioned their forum. I suppose one in debian must never compare or under estimate other linux distros, all get same kernel from Trovalds. This is all I get to see in other forums, bashing other linuxes for nothing.

Ubuntu and Fedora projects are making linux alive on many desktops from past few years. Its a fact.

Hi JohnDeere730; dzz; jheaton5: Its such a pity if educated people like you do this. This is making linux image down.
makh

Postby nadir » 2012-03-16 10:38

I understood they meant: "post count says nothing about knowledge".
I can assure you: they are right. No idea where all my posts come from (probably lots of chat, lots of "extended discussions" too, but for sure not knowledge).
The only way to know whom to trust is to hang around for a while (no thanks buttons, no post counts, no beans system will help you with that. It might give a first hint, but thats it).
Imho.

As for subsections: i never know where to ask, hence i always put it in "general". More sections would not help me. Still "general" :-) That is me.
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.
nadir

Postby cynwulf » 2012-03-16 13:06

Offtopic: Has anyone seen any of those pathetic troll alt accounts lately? Just wondering...

:roll:
cynwulf

Postby JohnDeere730 » 2012-03-16 15:55

makh wrote:Hi Craig

Its nice that u r gifted with all linux solutions, but its not appropriate to blow it to somebody who is less in something than u.

Craig never said he had all the solutions; he was "blowing it to you" what the hell ever that means, because of your arrogant attitude, not any perceived lack of knowledge on your part.

makh wrote:Hi JohnDeere730; dzz; jheaton5: Its such a pity if educated people like you do this. This is making linux image down.

No, it's people like you making asinine assumptions and arrogant pronouncements based on said assumptions that bring "linux down", as you say. Grow up.
JohnDeere730

Postby craigevil » 2012-03-16 16:12

Locking thread before the flames get any worse.
Debian Sid KDE Kernel 3.17 Thinkpad R40 Intel M 1.3 CPU 2GB RAM Radeon Mobility 7500
Debian - "If you can't apt-get something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
Debian upgrade script smxi | sysinfo script inxi
craigevil

Previous

Return to Forum stuff & feedback