Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What is the difference?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
nadir

What is the difference?

#1 Post by nadir »

Is there any reason that members can be banned, but spambots can't?

Where is the sossego support thread?

Is there a reason one doesn't get informed if threads or posts are removed, edited, etc,
or if members are being banned?

Is Athiga banned too?

If yes:
Who else is banned?

Too hard to do too much from "tap-a-talk send from my shitphone"?
Banning and editing and removing works, doing something about spam works not?
Are you sure that is the right choice, accept spam, but not members?
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.

cynwulf

Re: What is the difference?

#2 Post by cynwulf »

The thread sossego?. If you can read it, it's because you're one of these people. i.e. it's now in the spam bin.

That's "justice" for you - an wholly unjustified ban, followed by an attempt to sweep this under the rug...

Ahtiga Saraz - another member who annoyed quite a few other members and one moderator in particular (for no obvious reason that I can see) also vanished inexplicably for no apparent reason, with no announcement, etc. There was no sign he was going to leave or that his conspiracy theorist threads were ever going to let up. Another ban on the sly perhaps? (either that or the people he seemed to be hiding from finally tracked him down...)

Are we now indeed at the butnut forums stage where people and threads go missing at the whim of the staff?
Last edited by cynwulf on 2012-04-30 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

vbrummond

#3 Post by vbrummond »

Hmm. It indeed I have not seen Ahtiga Saraz for a while. Though I have heard no rumour of a ban.

It just doesn't make sense.
Always on Debian Testing

cynwulf

#4 Post by cynwulf »

In his case there would have been no rumours. Banning him would have meant cutting him off completely unless he were to reregister.

Randicus

#5 Post by Randicus »

It would be a shame if Ahtiga has also been banned. True, his political proselytising is annoying, but he also contributes by answering a few questions. Neither Ahtiga nor sossego called other members retards (that I am aware of). Although banning Ahtiga could be justified, it would not be fair considering those who have not been banned. Banning sossego is definitely not fair.
If we keep complaining about it, maybe we shall be next?
Perhaps craigevil would be kind enough to let let us know if Ahtiga has or has not been banned. If he has not, it would be harmful to start the rumour that he has. Please inform us of the situation.

debil

#6 Post by debil »

There's no difference. Bullshit is bullshit, even if we care a lot. Or not.
Q: Why is the Eunux kernel so bloated?
A: It was made in the image of its founder.

craigevil

#7 Post by craigevil »

Ahtiga Saraz has not been banned, maybe 'they' finally got him.

The 'save sossego" thread was moved to spam because like this thread it was nothing but flaming profanity.

Try posting without a potty mouth. Locked.
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.69-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list