Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

PM spam }:{

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Randicus

Re: PM spam }:{

#16 Post by Randicus »

golinux wrote:the butnut troops might be responsible for the deluge of spam
Unlikely. If Shuttleworth's faithful followers were behind it, the spam would probably all include links to Amazon, hoping the hits would earn money for Canonical, and Ubuntu One trophies for the spammers.

vbrummond

#17 Post by vbrummond »

Randicus wrote:Ubuntu One trophies for the spammers.
Aha, yeah I remember when those were announced. I could not for the life of me see any reason why that exists. Well same for KDE activities as well. Makes me confused. :)
Always on Debian Testing

Randicus

#18 Post by Randicus »

KDE activities?
That's a new one for me. What do they award? Gear-and-K symbols?
I could not for the life of me see any reason why that exists.
:shock:
I am sure I know which members of that forum the trophies are targeted at. Although beans and trophies strikes me as a little over-kill.

Randicus

#19 Post by Randicus »

Tramadol wrenched snick and Norvasc, whatever they are, and Acetaminophen and Soma chairs.

So much for the butnut conspiracy theory.

vbrummond

#20 Post by vbrummond »

Activities isn't an awards thing, just a useless feature bloating code. It lets you run a different plasma setup during your current session. This would be useful perhaps for folk that use plasma a LOT. I personally don't give a crap about the feature, nor see any valid use case for real people. But I am going off topic, sorry. :)
Always on Debian Testing