Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

would it kill ya?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
traveler

would it kill ya?

#1 Post by traveler »

If the powers that be decide to move a topic, it would be nice to be informed as to the reasons for the move, or at least a comment in the topic from the fascist who moved it. Just sayin'... you guys don't have to be rude douchebags about it. Thanks.
I wish for a conjugal visit and world peace. (Don't want to seem selfish.)

bw123

Re: would it kill ya?

#2 Post by bw123 »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
resigned by AI ChatGPT

traveler

#3 Post by traveler »

If you were a real debian user (tm) you would have posted a facepalm... Amateurs, sigh. :mrgreen:

Randicus

#4 Post by Randicus »

I think a yawn would be more appropriate here, if someone did not agree with the OP.
But,
If you were a real debian user (tm) you would have posted a facepalm... Amateurs, sigh.
is really funny. :lol:

traveler

#5 Post by traveler »

Randicus wrote:I think a yawn would be more appropriate here, if someone did not agree with the OP.
But,
If you were a real debian user (tm) you would have posted a facepalm... Amateurs, sigh.
is really funny. :lol:
The pros hotlink stuff like this. Much respect, Randicus.

traveler

#6 Post by traveler »

Don't bother replying, bw123...

Randicus

#7 Post by Randicus »

The face-palm comment made smile. The baby made me laugh. Thank you. :D

traveler

#8 Post by traveler »

Randicus wrote:The face-palm comment made smile. The baby made me laugh. Thank you. :D
The "You got Served" post made me cry. We have now covered the emotional gamut. Gods bless the interwebz. 8)

cynwulf

#9 Post by cynwulf »

traveler - wrong forum... :lol:

traveler

#10 Post by traveler »

cynwulf wrote:traveler - wrong forum... :lol:
Derp! :|

bw123

#11 Post by bw123 »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
resigned by AI ChatGPT

traveler

#12 Post by traveler »

You still got served... 8)
Sorry, but I don't see what the big deal is about a mod taking the time to explain why they would take an action like dumping a legit topic down to OffTopic. A PM or note on the topic would be considerate. My topic was actually looking out for people who may have been ripped off and was on point in the forum it was posted in. Whatever.

Randicus

#13 Post by Randicus »

I agree that a post should be made in the thread stating the action and the reason for it.

bw123

#14 Post by bw123 »

I thought it was a very important post. My new neighbor is very hot and she has Verizon, so if they are C-Blocking that would explain things.

No reason to go all douchebag though... jus sayin...
resigned by AI ChatGPT

craigevil

#15 Post by craigevil »

Simple if it is not directly Debian related but still Tech related it belongs in Offtopic. If it is political or religious it doesn't belong on the forums at all.
Discussions in "Off topic" should still be in the spirit of this board, that is related to Linux/ Computers/ Software
If you feel like your post/ thread has been locked, edited or even removed in error please contact the moderator team via e-mail at team@forums.debian.net
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.69-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list

nadir

#16 Post by nadir »

craigevil wrote:Simple if it is not directly Debian related but still Tech related it belongs in Offtopic. If it is political or religious it doesn't belong on the forums at all.
Discussions in "Off topic" should still be in the spirit of this board, that is related to Linux/ Computers/ Software
If you feel like your post/ thread has been locked, edited or even removed in error please contact the moderator team via e-mail at team@forums.debian.net
The other option would be that the masters of the fuzzy buttons would think _before_ they move threads. I know, i know, the buttons are shiny and its a lot of fun to hit them now and then ...
I for one would hire a bot who moves them around on a regular basis, say every half an hour. _That_ would be fun.

Ah, no. No emails from me. A) I am not your babysitter and B) no one takes me serious anyway and C) Kein Bock.
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.

Soapm

#17 Post by Soapm »

craigevil wrote: If it is political or religious it doesn't belong on the forums at all.
WHAT??? :o :o :o

So I can't come to the Linux forum to discuss why Jesus was a Federalist? Or that Father of our nation GW didn't religiously use Linux??? No, NO, I'm serious, he and Lincoln often used a window for their speeches.

What kind of dive you running here when a man can't discuss Buddha's run for the oval office??? You almost had the secret to his shapeless figure but now I won't tell you... :wink:

traveler

#18 Post by traveler »

I get the reasoning for the move, The topic was technical in nature and, at least for me, had something to do with Debian. YMMV.
Still, most forums that move or remove topics post an explanation for the moderator's action. Thanks for taking the time to do that after-the-fact.