Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Advanced Search Question

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Forester

Advanced Search Question

#1 Post by Forester »

Hi,

I'm trying to list all (if any) recent posts concerning KDE 4.8.4 but the advanced search returns "No suitable matches were found" pretty much regardless of what I try.

I've tried other search queries and seen the results report that 4.8.4 has been ignored.. It seems any version number is ignored.

I've known search on sites to tell the friendly user that three letters is too short for a search. I am guessing that this is the case here too since searching for XFCE and Gnome do return lots of results (all, by definition of no interest).

So I tried -XFCE -LXDE -Gnome to see if I could get a list that at least excluded posts that are obviously not relevant. That returned "No suitable matches were found" Really ?

Any suggestions as to how I can do due diligence before creating new topics that may be duplicates ?

edbarx

Re: Advanced Search Question

#2 Post by edbarx »

Try this on google.com

Code: Select all

site:forums.debian.net "KDE 4.8.4"
Debian == { > 30, 000 packages }; Debian != systemd
The worst infection of all, is a false sense of security!
It is hard to get away from CLI tools.

Forester

Re: Advanced Search Question

#3 Post by Forester »

Wow ! Thanks. That does the trick. Works in Duck Duck Go as well.