Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[How-to] Installing indicator-cpufreq in Debian Wheezy

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
zombienerd

[How-to] Installing indicator-cpufreq in Debian Wheezy

#1 Post by zombienerd »

I run Debian 7.0.3 Wheezy with XFCE on my laptop, and I was unhappy with the scaling options for the CPU frequency. I love the indicator-cpufreq available in Ubuntu, which puts all the available governors right in your indicator panel.

Installation is simple.

Download indicator-cpufreq_0.2.2-0ubuntu1_all.deb from http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/u ... u1_all.deb

Open terminal

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg -i indicator-cpufreq_0.2.2-0ubuntu1_all.deb
It will throw a few errors, as it depends on Python3, as well as gir1.2-appindicator3-0.1, and libcpufreq0.

Once it completes

sudo apt-get -f install
This will resolve the dependencies and set up the indicator.

To start, just execute:

indicator-cpufreq
in your preferred method, and set it to start at boot time.

Using XFCE in Wheezy, just click the app launcher, click Run Program, and type indicator-cpufreq, then click run. It should automatically add itself to the Session and Startup manager, but to double check, click the App Launcher, then System Settings, then Session and Startup. Click the Application Autostart tab, and verify that "CPU Frequency Scaling Indicator (An indicator for monitoring and switching CPU frequency scaling) is listed, and checked.

If not, click Add, and add the program to the startup.