Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to solve unstable wifi

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
Palmitoxico

How to solve unstable wifi

#1 Post by Palmitoxico »

Hi people,

I had been searching for a solution for a problem that I had with my notebook wifi adapter, it's a RTL8188CE, and since i have installed debian my wifi conection got very unstable, the signal was very good, but then after 1 or 2 minutes I couldn't access any web page or even another computer in my local network. Runing 'ping www.google.com' I've got inconsistent values, the ping time range was between 50ms ~ 2000ms, and some times no packets were received.

After months finding for a solution, finally one worked: Build and install the Realtek driver, but don't download from their web site, because it won't build. Instead use 'git clone https://github.com/FreedomBen/rtl8188ce ... driver.git' (corrected version of the driver). Disable the wifi, and run the ./install.sh as root. It will build and install the driver automaticaly. Remember that you need the build-essentials package installed!

Good luck : )

Olá pessoal,

Eu estive procurando uma solução para um problema que eu tive com o adaptador wifi de meu notebook, o modelo é RTL8188CE, e desde quando instalei o debian neste notebook minha conexão wifi ficou muito instável, mesmo o sinal estando muito bom não durava 1 ou 2 minutos a conexão congelava, eu não conseguia acessar páginas web ou um computador na minha rede local. Executando o comando 'ping www.google.com' obtive valores inconcistentes que variavam entre 50ms a 2000ms, e as vezes nenhum pacote era recebido.

Depois de meses procurando por uma solução, finalmente encontrei: Compile e instale o próprio driver da Realtek, mas não baixe do site deles, pois o código não irá compilar. Em vez disso dê um git clone no repositório https://github.com/FreedomBen/rtl8188ce ... driver.git (versão corrigida do driver). Desabilite o wifi e execute o ./install.sh como root no diretório de download do git. Esse script irá compilar e instalar o driver automaticamente. Lembre-se de que você precisa do pacote build-essentials instalado para compilar!

Boa sorte : )

dasein

Re: How to solve unstable wifi

#2 Post by dasein »

Moved from Hardware to HOWTOs