Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Multi-head (tripple head) displays with AMD/ATI/Radeon cards

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
ice.shark

Multi-head (tripple head) displays with AMD/ATI/Radeon cards

#1 Post by ice.shark »

Hi,

I thought I'd just give this quick tip for people struggling with setting up multiple monitors. I have a ATI HD 6670 with VGA+DVA+DisplayPort outputs and I was struggling to get my 3rd monitor to work. The solution is quite simple - use the open source drivers. I have not debugged why fglrx did not work, but considering the fact that fglrx seems to have much poorer 2D performance (e.g. watching YouTube videos takes up way too much resources) I am much happier with the open source drivers. If you are a gamer, bear in mind that you will not be able to run games via wine with the open source driver. You can of course install both and blacklist fglrx when not gaming. I don't game, so i don't care about fglrx anymore.