Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

HOWTO: Install X Window System and a Desktop Environment

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
GarryRicketson

Re: HOWTO: Install X Window System and a Desktop Environment

#81 Post by GarryRicketson »

by BhooshanAJ »Will this possibly run me into those "Oh no! Something went wrong!" errors?
That is funny, :D When Gnome is involved, those error messages are all ways a possibility.
Me, NO Gnome, and I never get those kind of messages.
I use Open Box, with some XFCE utilities.

stevepusser

#82 Post by stevepusser »

Don't use Debian testing if you can't find the answer yourself in these forums. It's only been asked and answered a million times.
MX Linux packager and developer

BhooshanAJ

#83 Post by BhooshanAJ »

GarryRicketson wrote: That is funny, :D When Gnome is involved, those error messages are all ways a possibility.
Me, NO Gnome, and I never get those kind of messages.
I use Open Box, with some XFCE utilities.
True. But does installing just bare bones GNOME makes it more prone to these errors?
stevepusser wrote:Don't use Debian testing if you can't find the answer yourself in these forums. It's only been asked and answered a million times.
I did ..I found this topic after I did a search. A noob would've made a new Topic. No?
And...Let's just say I am taking leap into learning. I come from Arch and this is the way I install Linux. While Stable is well..Stable it feels too outdated. And I hear (I am not sure) that Testing is like having a Rolling release.

debiman

#84 Post by debiman »

there's no such thing as "minimal GNOME". that's a contradiction.
unless you believe in chickenshit minimalism...
:mrgreen: