Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Order Randomly Wallpapers

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
bester69

Order Randomly Wallpapers

#1 Post by bester69 »

You have hundreds or thousands of Wallpapers and you'd like to enjoy most of them, without having to repeat them.

To achieve this, We link all of them to a target folder, where we'll rename all of them every time in while..
WALL=/home/user/Imágenes/WALLPAPERS/
cd /media/sda4/Imágenes/WALLRANDOM/
rm *

find $WALL -type f -name "*.jpg" -exec ln -s {} \;
find $WALL -type f -name "*.png" -exec ln -s {} \;
for i in *.jpg; do mv "$i" $RANDOM$RANDOM.jpg;done
for i in *.png; do mv "$i" $RANDOM$RANDOM.png;done
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Order Randomly Wallpapers

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

bester69 wrote:You have hundreds or thousands of Wallpapers and you'd like to enjoy most of them, without having to repeat them.
I use this line in my startup script to change to a different random wallpaper every 5 minutes (I get bored easily):

Code: Select all

while true;do feh --randomize --bg-fill $HOME/Pictures/Wallpapers;sleep 300;done &
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/feh

:)
deadbang

bester69

#3 Post by bester69 »

Mate Desktop

# Script to randomly set Background from files in a directory

while true;do

# Directory Containing Pictures
DIR="/home/user/Imágenes/WALLPAPERS"

# Make sure spaces do not break our script.
IFS='
'
# Command to Select a random jpg file from directory
# Delete the *.jpg to select any file but it may return a folder
PIC=$(ls $DIR/*.jpg | shuf -n1)

# Command to set Background Image
gsettings set org.mate.background picture-filename $PIC

# specify how long to wait in seconds between changes
sleep 30000

done

bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

tezzeret

#4 Post by tezzeret »

Using the window manager Awesome, I run this after setting the background so that next time awesome starts I have a new background. I wrote it in Lua to stay with Awesome's lua "theme" and because I am already familiar with that and not at all with bash.
The first bit gets a json response with all the url's of pictures in the "epic" gallery from that site. I then convert the json into a table. Its a POST request rather then a GET as I noticed that the AJAX call on that site is also a POST. It probably doesn't matter though if it was a GET or POST.
After that it selects 2 pictures to be downloaded. I download 2 because I have 2 monitors. I probably should change the paths it uses one day so it stays in ~/.config/awesome and maybe I will make it change the wallpaper automatically as well.

function getBackground()
	local JSON = assert(loadfile "/home/lenscas/.config/awesome/default/extraLua/JSON.lua")() -- one-time load of the routines

local f = assert (io.popen ('curl --data "" http://chillstep.info/jsonLoadGal.php?gal=gal-epic'))
	local rawText="";
	for line in f:lines() do
		rawText=rawText..line
	end -- for loop

f:close()
	local inJson = JSON:decode(rawText)
	math.randomseed(os.time())
	local key=math.random(1,#inJson)
	--print(table.concat(inJson))
	os.execute('wget http://chillstep.info'..inJson[key]..' -O /home/lenscas/backgrounds/awesome/background1')
	local key=math.random(1,#inJson)
	os.execute('wget http://chillstep.info'..inJson[key]..' -O /home/lenscas/backgrounds/awesome/background2')
end
getBackground()