Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Protect/Hide your Windows Installation

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
bester69

Protect/Hide your Windows Installation

#1 Post by bester69 »

If we've a windows installation, we might wish to prevent from messing accidentally some window system directories, but at the same time you might want to have available the free space of that windows partition from our linux.

I'd recommend you to create a WORK FOLDER in that windows partition and remap that folder over the windows partition, so you can hide the sensible windows files at your linux session.

So easy like this:
1) We create a WORK FOLDER in windows partition:
cd /media/sda1 (Win partition)
mkdir MYWINFOLDER

2) We remap over Windows partition
sudo mount --bind /media/sda1/MYWINFOLDER/ /media/sda1/
This way all Windows directories get hidden and protected to our activities.

The result: --> /media/sda1 (just see WORk FOLDER):
Imagesubir imagenes gratis

3) We create a script to remap (hide windows) at startup:
hidewin.sh

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
#
sudo mount --bind /media/sda1/MYWINFOLDER/ /media/sda1/
---------------------------------------------------

Once done, we might wish to remove availability Windows from Grub by just updating the grub:
sudo update-grub
As linux can't find windows installation (its overmapping), it updates the grub without the windows enterline.

Im applying this solution of my own to protect/hide windows system directories. :D
Last edited by bester69 on 2017-01-17 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

Segfault

Re: Protect/Hide your Windows Installation

#2 Post by Segfault »

I want to try it, how to get Windows? I tried "apt-get install windows", but it printed "E: Unable to locate package windows". What repo I need to add to install Windows?

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

#3 Post by 4D696B65 »

Segfault wrote:I want to try it, how to get Windows? I tried "apt-get install windows", but it printed "E: Unable to locate package windows". What repo I need to add to install Windows?
Its in an Ubuntu PPA I think.

ruffwoof

#4 Post by ruffwoof »

I thought it was a virus and reformatted my disks to get rid of it altogether. It wanted to totally own my PC as though it was its PC and was posting all sorts of information to god-knows-where. It even tried to prevent me from booting other systems.