Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

HOWTO: get Rawtherapee 5.X installed in Jessie from a repo

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
stevepusser

HOWTO: get Rawtherapee 5.X installed in Jessie from a repo

#1 Post by stevepusser »

The GTK+ 3 Rawtherapee which is in upstream Debian has a build-dependency on GTK+ 3 >= 3.16, and we have only 3.14 in Jessie. However, Rawtherapee has an alternative source download that will use GTK+ 2 libraries that we do have available, and so I set up a build repository for that source on the openSUSE Build Service.

Instructions for adding the repo---the commands for adding the key must also be run as root: https://software.opensuse.org/download. ... awtherapee
MX Linux packager and developer

Innovate

Re: HOWTO: get Rawtherapee 5.X installed in Jessie from a re

#2 Post by Innovate »

Thank goodness, I don't need to compile anymore since you built it.
I was recently built 4.2.1256git and notice somethings new going on with 5.0 on github

ps. can you build unetbootin? I notice something was off on Jessie there's no unetbootin on Jessie only available on Stretch.

stevepusser

Re: HOWTO: get Rawtherapee 5.X installed in Jessie from a re

#3 Post by stevepusser »

I can do the 608 version from Sid or their latest 625 release.

I sort of remember that it likes a newer syslinux that is available in Jessie. I think that's why we have a backported syslinux in MX Linux to go with unetbootin-608, but I don't remember the exact details. You can always test it with a Debian ISO, I suppose. I'll put 625 in this same repo, then--if there's problems I can also add that newer syslinux.
MX Linux packager and developer