Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

iwlwifi drivers

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
luigi_mb

iwlwifi drivers

#1 Post by luigi_mb »

Like many others, while trying to install debian jessie on an rather old thinkpad, was stumped by the missing iwlwifi-5000-2/2/3/4/5 . Finally, I solved the problem as follows. I plugged an ethernet cable into the msachine, and proceded with the installations. When done, "I rebooted the machine, and then installed the file firmware-iwlwifi_0.43_all.deb, which can be rather easily found in the debian archives. I then shut the machine off, unplugged the ethernet cable, abnd revooted. I then clicked on the network icon on the panel, selected my usual wifi network, and I was in business.
luigi m bianchi

orythem27

Re: iwlwifi drivers

#2 Post by orythem27 »

Thanks for sharing your expierence.

Note that we can also load the missing firmwares in the installation process by putting firmware files, e.g. iwlwifi-5000-5.ucode, onto a USB stick and plug it in when prompted. And if you don't mind other non-free components, you can also install debian via unofficial CD images containing non-free firmwares.

See: https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/ ... 04.html.en